Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

solved Contact Form - temporary issues

Good evening,

Quick one. We have been notified that there are no replies on the contact form > after checking the emails and logs we have discovered that the messages sent from our contact form are not delivered.

While we sort this out (planned for next week) > feel free to DM me and @DNF Admin here directly // or, my Telegram: t.me/helmutsm

Enjoy your weekend,
Helmuts

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd advise this add-on just in case it goes down again. It'll allow both members and guests to contact you by 1) emailing you and 2) creating a new thread with that email message.

Just make sure the threads go into a private forum only viewable by who needs to see them and test viewing the forum logged out (a mistake I made in permissions before going live once).

Also good for record-keeping so you don't have to worry about porting old emails.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I'd advise this add-on just in case it goes down again. It'll allow both members and guests to contact you by 1) emailing you and 2) creating a new thread with that email message.

Just make sure the threads go into a private forum only viewable by who needs to see them and test viewing the forum logged out (a mistake I made in permissions before going live once).

Also good for record-keeping so you don't have to worry about porting old emails.

Awesome! @DNF Admin this seems to be the solution we were talking about earlier. Let us bookmark this resource on the top of our to-do "shelf". Thank you

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's overly complex and unnecessary, the whole point of the contact form is to allow someone to contact the forum owners who is not registered or who cannot log in.

Not everyone will join, you are basically taking away the ability of someone to contact you without opening a topic. I understand this part is automatic but even as an experienced forum user the contact form that converts to a topic confused me and I avoided it completely.

A simple question added to the contact form eliminates 90% of all bots

Screenshot (85).png

As far as delivery goes, if you set things up properly at the registrar level you have no issues with delivery.

For me, simplicity is always the best.

I have no captcha, nothing, adding a single word means they have to customize bots to my site, if that ever happens I change the word.

I understand you are looking at the delivery aspect of the mail, but like I said that is easily handled as well.

Last edited:

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
It's overly complex and unnecessary, the whole point of the contact form is to allow someone to contact the forum owners who is not registered or who cannot log in.

Not everyone will join, you are basically taking away the ability of someone to contact you without opening a topic. I understand this part is automatic but even as an experience forum user the contact form that converts to a topic confused me and I avoided it completely.

A simple question added to the contact form eliminated 90% of all bots

View attachment 9129

As far as delivery goes, if you set things up properly at the registrar level you have no issues with delivery.

For me, simplicity is always the best.

I have no captcha, nothing, adding a single word means they have to customize bots to my site, if that ever happens I change the word.

I understand you are looking at the delivery aspect of the mail, but like I said that is easily handled as well.

A+++++ suggestion!! Yes, this is one of my favourite approaches too! .. we will check the contact form status next week. .. @DNF Admin please have a look on this, thank you.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators