Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

“App” plying Web Traffic To Your Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smart Phones Multiply By Leaps & Bounds In the last 10 years the most popular way to get visits to your domain was to build strong link campaigns, build branding and also buy typos to get misspelled word traffic. But in the year 2012 all of what you know about search traffic is going to [...]

More...

M.U.

CEO of Thinkk
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Adam, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Have I interpreted your blog correct, that app's will influence the way people use to visit website.

Quote from your blog
“Why would I want to type in a domain name when I can just push a button?”

"I know myself personally, when I am using my iPhone, I would rather use an ‘app” then go to the smart phone browser and then have to type the URL into the menu bar. That is like making a phone call with a rotary phone in 2012 if you ask me."

Doesn't this mean that the domain names no longer would matter?

Won't this have a negative impact on us domainers, when people just "point"/click on an app instead of typing the domain name?

How will this affect the domain name prices? Does this not mean that the value of domain names will decrease?

Not trying to be pessimist or anything, just want to have an allround knowledge to make the right decisions.

Best regards,

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here are MY thoughts on your question ;)

Hi Adam, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Have I interpreted your blog correct, that app's will influence the way people use to visit website.

Quote from your blog
“Why would I want to type in a domain name when I can just push a button?”

"I know myself personally, when I am using my iPhone, I would rather use an ‘app” then go to the smart phone browser and then have to type the URL into the menu bar. That is like making a phone call with a rotary phone in 2012 if you ask me."

Doesn't this mean that the domain names no longer would matter?

No - of course not - But NOT having a MOBILE version is going to cost you HUGE traffic. There will always be home PC'S , Web Tv's ( again ) and libraries and schools that will still use computers, so Domains will make a difference.

Won't this have a negative impact on us domainers, when people just "point"/click on an app instead of typing the domain name?

No - I don't think so, Think of ATMS ( money ) They are "apps" that get you to your money '

How will this affect the domain name prices? Does this not mean that the value of domain names will decrease?

Increase I would say

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom