Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

1&1 domain registration +1 GB email - $5.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's a weird one:

Please note: The services at 1and1.com are only available to residents of the U.S. and Canada

whats up with that???

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice package, but not good for domainers like me who want free pushes.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate 1and1, I purchased a home package of hosting from them and I accidentally fell for their free webcam* offer which is equivalent to a year contract. The funny thing is that I was so pissed at how little that package had to offer that i decided to upgrade to Business Package just to find out it's admin panel is just as awful. I called them today to downgrade my account back to the Home Package but they said they don't allow downgrades. If I can sum it up, I'd say they're a bunch of scammers who use those free webcam offers to bait in people.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nts said:
Do they provide any form of push? Like for a fee?
They don't provide a push at all. You would have to transfer your domain to another registrar. :(

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edder said:
They don't provide a push at all. You would have to transfer your domain to another registrar. :(

That's lousy.

seeker said:
that's a weird one:

Please note: The services at 1and1.com are only available to residents of the U.S. and Canada

whats up with that???

I just applied for their .co.uk web-site, and they responded that I need to be a UK resident, so I assume that the .com site needs the same in US. Here is their explanation:

Thank you for contacting us.

Customers need a UK address with a valid UK postcode (equivalent to zip code in USA and Canada) in order to sign up. Also it needs to be a street address not a PO box. This therefore means that 1and1 UK only cater to customers living in the United Kingdom and not from other european countries.

The reasons behind our actual strategy: "all business is local"

1. We do lots of local print marketing.
2. We want to focus on local competitors and the local pricing structure. 3. We want to offer local support.

But there are also other (smaller) issues that prevent us from offering international:

1. We always ship software to our customers.
2. Handling of credit card fraud. (Address Check, going after not paying customers) You have to be far more restrictive if you offer "worldwide" in comparison to one certain country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom