Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

$1 Auction thread problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I have a continuous concern with the $1 auctions.

The problem surrounds "increment bids" following the initial $1 start. I have noticed that some sellers want an "increment bid" of anywhere from $5 to $100 as a followup to the $1 start.

And here is the problem: When no one follows through with an increment bid, they bump the thread continuously with all kinds of comments UNTIL A MOD COMES IN AND CLOSES THE THREAD.

This is not fair to the buyer..and the MOD is actually playing into the hands of the seller by closing the thread so he does not have to sell the domain for a dollar.

IMO the mod should close the thread BUT MAKE THE SELLER FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE $1 (or last bid) sale. Any opinions... suggestions ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eraser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO, starting price should be $10 and NOT $1 as NO one like to sell his domain for just $1.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO, starting price should be $10 and NOT $1 as NO one like to sell his domain for just $1.

If you plan on letting it drop, 1 dollar is a dollar more than you would have gotten. In addition, sometimes it helps to get things moving starting at a buck.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well realistically if you don't want your domain to sell for $1 then don't put it in the area. You have no guarantee that anyone will bid more than the initial bid so if you think its worth $20 or $50 etc then put it in a different area and that problem will be solved. It shouldn't be started at higher prices if its a $1 auction area. As far as the original post I agree I think with no reserve domains should be sold in this area.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I posted about this possibility in another thread here...
http://www.dnforum.com/f79/please-s...hread-closed-2-thread-426004.html#post1914260

I could be wrong but I have a continuous concern with the $1 auctions.

The problem surrounds "increment bids" following the initial $1 start. I have noticed that some sellers want an "increment bid" of anywhere from $5 to $100 as a followup to the $1 start.

And here is the problem: When no one follows through with an increment bid, they bump the thread continuously with all kinds of comments UNTIL A MOD COMES IN AND CLOSES THE THREAD.

This is not fair to the buyer..and the MOD is actually playing into the hands of the seller by closing the thread so he does not have to sell the domain for a dollar.

IMO the mod should close the thread BUT MAKE THE SELLER FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE $1 (or last bid) sale. Any opinions... suggestions ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom