Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

1 Unique in July at ND/ Moved it to Sedo; now 40 uniques first day??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rh287

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this. I have a poker domain that was parked at Name Drive for maybe three months. This domain recieved 9 hits in June and 1 hit in July up to 28th at ND. I decided to try Parked.com and moved my domains there fairly late in the evening of July 28th. When I woke I was surprised to see this particular domain had 14 hits in just a few hours. I decided to park it at 1Plus.com because they show IP addresses and you see hits instantly. There that domain had 26 hits in like 3 1/2 hours or so.

I then decided to park the domain at Sedo because its for sale there and of course if your getting 40 or more uniques a day, the domain is more desirable. It isn't getting as much traffic as it was at 1Plus, but it did get 40 yesterday some time after Sedo's UK day began. I'm in the US.

Can anyone explain to me the differance in unique hits per each parking company? I used the same search catagory on both..."Poker"...

Thanks....

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is certainly something which I've heard one or two times before. What's more interesting to me is whether, with those other companies, you had actual clicks on the domains or just hits? Three months ago or so, we implemented more stringent bot tracking measures as we found a massive amount of US traffic was simply bots trawling across pages on our system. It could be that we block a bot that these other companies do not.
I suppose 1plus could tell you if all the IPs coming in were different. It might even be worth Googling some of the IP addresses to see if they are reported online as some kind of bot.
I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Ed

rh287

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

Well as I remember all the IP addresses were indeed differant when I parked at 1Plus for that short time. I was watching them pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom