Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

10 Best Cheap Web Hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it will be useful for some of you guys :)

1. Hostmonster.com - Best Blog Host Host Unlimited Domains / 1500 Gigabytes of web space / Best Support / FREE Domain / All for $6.95/month.

2. godaddy.com - Best Domain Host Google Webmaster Tools / 250 GB Monthly Bandwidth / PHP & MySQL / 5 Gigs Storage Space for Only $3.99

3. bluehost.com - Best PHP Host FREE Domain Included / 15,000 Gigs Bandwidth / SSH / 1500 Gigs Web Space / Unlimited Domains for $6.95 month

4. simplehost.com - Best Simple Host Simple Web Hosting / Simple Control Panel / PHP & MySQL Databases / Unlimited Storage Space for Only $7.50

5. starlogic.com - Best Transfer Host 1500 Gigs Storage Space for Only $5.95 / Affordable Web Hosting / 10 Domains on 1 account / PHP & MySQL

6. ixwebhosting - Best Dedicated IP Host Cheapest Web Hosting / 8 Dedicated IP addresses / 2 FREE Domains / 500 Gigs Storage Space for Only $3.95 a month

7. lunarpages.com - Best Business Host 10 Add-On domains on 1 account / Free Domain for life / PHP & MySQL / 1500 Gigs Storage Space for Only $6.95/mo.

8. ssl.jumpline.com - Best VDS Host FREE 3 Month Trial / Virtual Dedicated Servers / PHP & MySQL / Host Multiple Web Sites for Only $10.95

9. hostgator.com - Best cPanel Host Host Unlimited Websites / 30 day moneyback guarantee / PHP 5 / MySQL Databases / 600 Gigs Storage for only $7.95

10. hostpapa.com - Best Green Host 100% Green Web Hosting / Host 11 Domains on 1 Plan / 3000 Gigs of Transfer / 300 Gigs Space for Only $5.95/mo.

DotSauce

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cheap hosting ends up biting you in the bum.

I suggest coughing up a few more dollars a month for a VPS (JaguarPC is my fav) especially if you are a domainer with lots of names to develop.

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HostMonster is, as DNP stated, a wicked hosting service. Been with them for like 3 years now, have over 600 names parked/hosted there with more than 200 developed sites.

A few forums that rack a good 5-10k uniques a day with 500+ active members (over 7000 guests) and the site runs smooth and fast.

Nice post bro +

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
quick question.....I notice HostMonster only allows 100 MYSQL databases....HostGator allows unlimited......if i am wanting to launch over 100 wordpress sites.....i cant use hostmonster...correct?

tony

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3. bluehost.com - Best PHP Host FREE Domain Included / 15,000 Gigs Bandwidth / SSH / 1500 Gigs Web Space / Unlimited Domains for $6.95 month

:confused:

MikeK

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
quick question.....I notice HostMonster only allows 100 MYSQL databases....HostGator allows unlimited......if i am wanting to launch over 100 wordpress sites.....i cant use hostmonster...correct?

tony

Yeah, that's their only weak point imo, hence why I have 4 packages with hem. But if it's for the same domain, i'm sure you know (by the looks of your siggy you probably know wordpress) that you can host multiple unique blogs via same domain and same db

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post DNP, however,most of these hosts are those who I would not touch with even a ten-feet pole. These hosts are usually put in these order due to their affiliate payout and is not a true ranking by any means.

I recently did a post on my blog -- see link in my signature -- about the rules of thumb you should remember when choosing a host. If you follow those rules, you will skip a lot of these hosts.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

tony

Yeah, but while there are no limits on number of databases and domains in hostgator, there are limit on cpu usage. I have a few hostgator accounts with 200-300 sites, but that's as much as it can take. Had a few problems with cpu overloads as well, especially when the blogs are autoupdating.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have used realwebhost.com for the longest time- inexpensive, and joey and his team are always right on top of any questions i may have- he has been a true pleasure to work with- has gone above and beyond in some instances- i love it there

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like hostmonster which I have been using with some of my sites.

I think web hosting pad is also quite a good affordable option.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bluehost and hostmonster are the same company and they do offer a decent service for the price, but that's all you get. There is no ability to upgrade and we all will at some point, so what next..you gotta move to another company which sucks because of downtime.

Actually, that's a big problem with a lot of hosts..they only offer one lousy package and come on...that's not gonna cut it for long...ok some sites sure...

Anyway, you can only expect so much from shared hosting..if you site is busy, you are taking resources away from other sites on the box, but count yourself lucky because some other hosts would hae suspended you. If you want something you can count on..you need to fork out more.

bottom Line

-master-

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you friend for the list..but recently i just saw some quality hosting with around 1-3$ per month which for small bussiness i would prefer themalthought the CPU is problem in everywhere i think LunarPages is the best

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
They are big companies, sometimes overselling. I am with a smaller company but very reputable. Been with them almost a year no prob. Also have a reseller, very easy to handle.

Rezonator

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I moved my consulting website over to powermonster.net under their shared hosting plan. I am very happy with the price, performance and support (even got a response Sunday night!). No signs of overselling.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

tony

Yes you can, just use different prefixes for each different blog. I have one database for 6 blogs right now.

Default for Wprdpress is wp_ so set them as:

blog1_
blog2_
blog3_

etc.. (name them with the domain if you want for easier management).

HostMonster has turned out to be pretty good for me my only gripe is that you can only forward an email address to one address, not multiple.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use HostGator and have been for about 2 years now.

I have so many sites in progress or completed that I have two accounts with them.

One thing is Joomla has so many files associated with them that I exceed their limits on files associated with sites.

I have learned to turn off or delete many files with each site.

I have heard very good things about Blue Host also, but have not used them.

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been using Lunarpages for years (see my sig for affiliate link). They recently went from 10 add-on domain limit to unlimited. Means you can run all of your domains from one account. Unbelievably easy to deal with and great, live people, support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom