Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

$10k Sale on Afternic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like FOS.COM will be sold for at least $10k in a couple of hours on Afternic. Nice one Afternic!

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice sale price :)

doughhead

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are AfterNIC annual fees worth it to sell?

Anyone had luck with them (recently)?

- free to view
- 1.00 to buy
- 9.95 to sell

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not worth it!!!

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did you see the banners on THIS site?!? :eek:
I was suprised y'day to see 'em.
Take care.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not worth it!!!

You guys must remember that these guys don't represent the old Afternic in any way. The only bought their domain. That's it! I just bought 2 domains over there and the transactions for both were completed within 2 weeks. The communication between me and Afternic was excellent.

I have only good things to say about them and I wish them all the best!

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afternic has spapped up former Snapnames manager, Denny Cole:

http://www.afternic.com

DNForum member ProProject, a representative of Afternic has shown signs of ingenuity. Buying the Afternic traffic and name (as tarnished as it was) was in my mind a very smart move.

The brokerage fees placed on the seller are another story.Why they are putting the burden on the seller during these times of small sales is beyond me. It would be nice if Afternic would rethink this policy.

The market needs strong leadership to promote quality domains. Hopefully Afternic is on the right track.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's nice one. Congratulation NEW Afternic.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. (Sorry, I just noticed this thread.)

Unforunately, FOS.com was a bogus offer. (Rare, but it happens.) BTW, we do not leave bogus sales on the sold list, so if a sale is on that list for a few weeks, you know it is real.

CoolHost, advertising on targeted sites like this should be profitable for us. I'm sure we'll try to buy more in the future. I guess we ran those on the OLD dnforum.com and they didn't do that great. We'll try again on the NEW dnforum.com soon.

Cheers!

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by proproject
CoolHost, advertising on targeted sites like this should be profitable for us. I'm sure we'll try to buy more in the future. I guess we ran those on the OLD dnforum.com and they didn't do that great. We'll try again on the NEW dnforum.com soon.

Cheers!

Yes, it's been some time since that post, but I appreciate the feedback. I think you should work with the new Administration here regarding "reciprocal" advertising, what have you ... bottom line, there needs to be a concerted effort to attract BUYERS!!
Otherwise, we're all doomed (a la the "old" Afternic, and plenty of others).
I applaud your openmindedness ... and willingness to address the issue.
Good Luck with your new site!!
:cool:

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to the new management of Afternic (who bought it from Register.com). Any insights into why Register.com paid $48 million for it a couple years ago?

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by proproject
Thanks for the kind words. (Sorry, I just noticed this thread.)

Unforunately, FOS.com was a bogus offer. (Rare, but it happens.) BTW, we do not leave bogus sales on the sold list, so if a sale is on that list for a few weeks, you know it is real.

Cheers!

hi,,whats with the name change from watchit.us to changenotes.com bring back the .US ,,,,,,

http://www.zoned.us

http://www.usaforum.us

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Closing soon (reserve met):
slots.net 7,000.00 5d 17h 51m

W :eek: W

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to the new management of Afternic (who bought it from Register.com). Any insights into why Register.com paid $48 million for it a couple years ago?
+++++++++++++++++

1. Euphoria
2. Trying to keep up with the Jones. Register.com was more concerned with competing with Great Domains and Network Solutions than really trying to differentiate their service/ company or providing a unique/ killer app. It was a classic case of following another --right off the cliff.

An anomaly in the dotbomb boom-bust?

Hardly.

This was the norm, from which our economy is still recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom