Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

16 Months Later .. Total Registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jan 2003
21.8 Million .Coms
3.6 Million .Nets
2.4 Million.Orgs
991,000 .INfo
809.000 .Biz
444,000 .US

April 25 2004

28 Million .Coms 33% Growth rate
4.6 Million.Nets 28% Growth Rate
2.9 Million.Orgs 21% Grwoth Rate
1.15 Million .Info 16 % Growth Rate
972,000 .Biz 22% Growth Rate
792,000 .US 78% Growth Rate

*(Note .US Also grew at 65 % Clip from April 2002 to Jan 2003)

These numbers are rounded and rough estimates - fairly accurate though

It's impressive growth overall , I was actually suprised to see .US contining at this pace because it "feels" like it is taking for ever to get there .. but at this rate it should pass .Biz in 4-6 months and .Info withing a year.

And without getting too political . if the world starts even liking us (United States) again ( they dont have to sleep us ..just like us again ) then Dot .US could be next years big discussion.

.com really impressed me , very solid ...com really had a great year after a few dismal years.

I havent checked yet.. maybe someone else has the time ..but I would bet that most all top level .ccTLDS are all seeing growth rates exceeding 30% over the same time period.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
probably bcos there are many domainer entering the domain industry. not only register domains for marketing, many people realise the potential of traffic domains, that is why catching domain is not as easy as it used to be.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting stats Bid. Especially since .info shows the lowest registration growth but is the highest valued new extension (by a long shot). .US has the highest growth rate (by a mile) over any of the six main extensions, yet has the lowest current resale rate. It will be interesting to see if it catches up over the next few months. When did you 2003 reg stats come from?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
growth rate and value are not the same IMHO.
Many people looking fpor domains already taken in other extensions might go for another one, so 'they can do their business'. This doesnt necessarily mean the value of the extension is growing as much as the growth rate of registrations.

That said, I agree with Duke about .info

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right on cue Duke , I was wondering who was going to be first to point that out.

I would also agree .Info certainly is raking in the secondary market sales compared to .Biz or .US .

I'm not sure about that seeker, Part of the problem is that .US has not yet reached that saturation point of roughly 1 million names that would have any value at all..in other words you can still register some good .US names and because of that reality the secondary market sales are held back. ..(This 1 million market is threory I have voiced a few times on board but .US is closing in and I'll bet you start seeing these secondary sales ..one , then 2 etc .. on Dukes site DnJournal as we get closer to that 1 million registrations )..

But there are a lot of other variables, the political scene I mentioned earlier I believe is really a core problem with .US at this stage. But that will pass many dislike the germans politics but everyone loves the beer and brats and watches and vacation places in germany etc.. it's a pretty good size market and eventually people set their politics aside because business is business .DE is an important asset to many many companies ..where are they at 7 million registrations now.. .US will get there ..it's only time . The world has a love hate relationship with the US ..but emotions aside ;they understand this is a global market leader and you'll see many more using dot US as they try be a part of it

Ron , the stats are also from http://www.whois.sc/internet-statistics/ I had printed them out a few times , just for review

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
guiwang said:
I just check at
http://www.whois.sc/internet-statistics/
I saw the number of .us names has down to 756,030...
What happened?

Bean

2 year anniversary.. happend in all the new extensions....people dropping names they bought in the first rush to get names..they kept only their best..

You'll see registrations growing again...takes a few months to bounce back..

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, same thing happened with biz and info, but both are back on track nad heading north again.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
.info shows the lowest registration growth but is the highest valued new extension (by a long shot). .US has the highest growth rate (by a mile) over any of the six main extensions, yet has the lowest current resale rate.

Well spotted, I'm wondering how long this paradox will take to correct itself :)

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BlazeD said:
Well spotted, I'm wondering how long this paradox will take to correct itself :)

It may not. What I really mean is that while .info is the most well adopted amongst the new tlds its also the extension that lends itself very little, if any, to usage by fanciful made-up names, number-word combos, abbreviations, etc. although it might be better suited than others to be used in hyphenated versions. What this translates into is a relative limited supply of descriptive, meaningful terms that are well suited for .info as compared to other tlds. If this assumption is true then it might also mean that the value of prime keyword names in .info would continue to rise in value more than comparable names in other (new) tlds.

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone could do some supply demand charts for domain names and see if sales did start to increase when one million names are registered in a tld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom