Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

187.com what a jërks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
?? Hey its the complainants $1500, and the way some of the judgements have been going lately, they must of thought they would try their luck.

Sanity prevailed and the complaint was denied.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Curious why the owner didn't file a complaint for reverse hijacking.

We brought it up. The Panel ignored it.

Incidentally, if anyone wonders why I am sometimes hard to reach:

http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/944807.htm

(“Respondent”), represented by John Berryhill, 4 West Front Street, Media, PA 19063.[...]
A timely Response was received and determined to be complete on April 24, 2007.

http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/938180.htm

(“Respondent”), represented by John Berryhill, 4 West Front Street, Media, PA 19063.[...]
A Response was received on April 12, 2007.
[...]
Respondent’s Additional Submission, including payment, was received on April 23, 2007 and was deemed by the Forum to be timely.

http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/948593.htm

A timely Response was received and determined to be complete on April 30, 2007.

I need a vacation.

By the way, you'll notice the Complainant's attorney in zero.us and 187.com were the same. Until recently, Pirelli had a controlling interest in Telecom Italia. During the proceeding, Pirelli sold out its share of Telecom Italia. That's probably why there wasn't a supplement filed (well, that and the fact that the bitch knew they didn't have a trademark in the first place).

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can they do that? I mean, just ignore it? I thought they were obligated to at least, mention it in the resolution.

And congratulations ! 3-0 your score for that week!

... and that's why I wanted to hire you...

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can they do that? I mean, just ignore it? I thought they were obligated to at least, mention it in the resolution.

It's up to them what they want to do under Rule 15.

... and that's why I wanted to hire you...

The people you've heard from send out a lot of letters like that. Based on the past behavior of those particular people, if they are going to file a UDRP, then it's not going to matter much to them whether you answer their threat letters. The name in question there is perfectly defensible. So, the last time I recall hearing from you, there was no emergency, and I have to do a lot of things on a triage basis.

(Incidentamente, yo hablo Espanol si es muy despacio - si llamas al telefono, no es una problema. Recibo
mas que 100 emails cada dia, y no tengo tiempo para resposar a todos. Es mas rapido llamar al telefono.)

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, finally Pirelli's case is up. Zero.us... Yet another jerk...

It's quite strange that they could *ignore* the reverse hijacking complaint.

http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/938180.htm

A Response was received on April 12, 2007.
[...]
Respondent’s Additional Submission, including payment, was received on April 23, 2007 and was deemed by the Forum to be timely.

http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/948593.htm

A timely Response was received and determined to be complete on April 30, 2007.[/I]

I need a vacation.

By the way, you'll notice the Complainant's attorney in zero.us and 187.com were the same. Until recently, Pirelli had a controlling interest in Telecom Italia. During the proceeding, Pirelli sold out its share of Telecom Italia. That's probably why there wasn't a supplement filed (well, that and the fact that the bitch knew they didn't have a trademark in the first place).

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats just plain stupid..maybe they were just trying their luck for $1.5k :D

btw for the past few days i have read quite a few cases with John Berryhill and all of them were won :) so i know here to go if i ever get a case :D

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The people you've heard from send out a lot of letters like that. Based on the past behavior of those particular people, if they are going to file a UDRP, then it's not going to matter much to them whether you answer their threat letters. The name in question there is perfectly defensible. So, the last time I recall hearing from you, there was no emergency, and I have to do a lot of things on a triage basis.
Oh, so you know who is behind this nickname :) ... and I finally got an explanation, thanks!

(Incidentamente, yo hablo Espanol si es muy despacio - si llamas al telefono, no es una problema. Recibo
mas que 100 emails cada dia, y no tengo tiempo para resposar a todos. Es mas rapido llamar al telefono.)
Good to know. I have a similar situation as I speak English a bit, but not fast.
Next time, I'll know. :)

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all of them were won

No. I've lost quite a few.

The facts are what they are, and sometimes you get a panel that doesn't see it your way.

Nobody wins 'em all. Anyone who pretends otherwise is not being truthful.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

The facts are what they are, and sometimes you get a panel that doesn't see it your way.

Yep i would agree with you but all i said was the ones "I" came through were won in your clients favor :)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

What happens if I lost a WIPO case? Am i obligated by law to transfer the domain name?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What happens if I lost a WIPO case? Am i obligated by law to transfer the domain name?

If you lose, you have 10 days to reply it'll be disputed in Court or the panelist
will enforce the decision by then. Even if you don't comply after that period,
your domain registrar will do that for you upon receipt of notice from them.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope, the registrar will do it for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom