Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

1and1.com - Review this Registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNForum-News

Level 5
Reaction score
1and1.com Instant Domain registration immediately protects your brand, family name or web identity! Start using your own domain name right away, and get all these great features. Please note: for packages with multiple domains, features are available for one domain only.

FREE .info domains! For a limited time only, you can register .info domain names with 1&1 and pay nothing for one year.

sourcez

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very briefly:

What I like about 1and1 -
- They let you use lots of domains with one hosting package and you choose the directories where they are based.
- Get a lot of DNS control etc.
- Their servers are FAST. FAST and reliable.

What I dislike -
- Their support is grumpy and slow
- They only let you pay by Card

Just the support side that puts them down in my book - although the services they offer are very very good - especially the quality of the hosting - I've never had a faster or more reliable host!

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The worst one I've ever experienced.
- No bulk DNS control
- No free push
- Practically no support
- Slow
- Credit card has to be associated with the account
- They can charge you within a blink of an eye
- They'll lock everything you have if you owe them a nickel
- I had around 400 names with them once
- Now ZERO - and I'm very happy

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1and1.com is truly a joke. They still operate like it's 1995...literally. I placed an order for a domain name just to try them out and it's not instant, it literally takes them 12-24 hours to place an order just to register a domain name. Yesterday I initiated a change of account internally at 1and1, the owner needs to provide you with the auth code so that you can initiate the "transfer" even though it's internally at 1and1, oh, and they still charge you a regular .com price. The owner approved the transfer and the domain is visible in my account, though I'm not able to modify nameservers at all. I dropped a note to 1and1 support and the response I got was that it takes them 24-48 hours to fully get the domain name into your account...FOR AN INTERNAL TRANSFER!? It's really a bit ridiculous. I've been saying for years that these deadbeat registrars will all go out of business once people realize how idiotic they are. When there are options like dynadot and moniker out there...who needs anything else? The funniest part of all this is that when I contact 1and1 support and asked why I couldn't change the nameservers they told me because it was a "new domain registration"...even though the domain is 15 years old? Give me a break!

Last edited:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1und1 was charging me for the names that were transferred away years earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1&1 is a company that runs several pages of advertising in computer magazines in Europe, obviously their focus is on hosting services, not domains. They prey on the non savvy people. Clearly unfit for domainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom