Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

1and1 Pushes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few names registered through 1and1. Before I start listing them for sale, I wanted to make sure the push process could be as easy as Namecheap or Godaddy. I emailed 1and1 before registering the names, and they said change of ownership would be free and painless. Now that I have the names registered, I really can't find too much on it. I see that I can change the contact details, but does that mean I have to give my account password/customer id up to the new owner? Is there a way to just PUSH the name from my user name to someone elses? :huh:

Thanks in advance
:azt

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1and1 are completely useless for transfers. You have to go thru a lenghtly process which involves going through an online system to cancel your domain and say you like to transfer it, then fax in a form that you need to fill in and sign. And then some other rubbish.

Very ineffiecient, they are not a service like godaddy etc.

Rich

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I only reg'd a few names with them then. So if I listed the names for sale, you think I should charge a transfer fee or something? Does 1and1? After the 60 days, I think I'll just transfer them to NC if haven't sold them by then.

Thanks

I put up a F$ auction for a .com domain name I have reg'd with 1and1 so I can try out the transfer process.
LINK:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=90535

Thanks

B40

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1and1 offers or offered a one year hosting plan with a free domain. I'm not surprised it's that difficult to transfer them.

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to be very careful and read the ToS when you get a domain with hosting. I once had to pay a $250 service charge to transfer my domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom