Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

1AND1 Transfer nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

indyan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never thought domain transfer could be so difficult. OneAndOne takes the dubious title "You can come in any time you want, but you can never leave" "Hotel california" :ballchain:

They got ridiculous terms and User Unfriendly admin screens... Jeez... once the last domain is transfered never gonna look back at them... even if they tell they have a free domain offer... :rip:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum.

Would you care to share more about your experience? How is their transfer procedures? What you had to do to transfer a name out, etc to back up your claim about it being ridiculous?

I've never been with them so, myself, and likely others would like to hear your story.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same here, i tried registering a .fr domain through 1and1.fr
but its already a week and i havent received confirmation/rejection regarding my name.
i have to see if they will charge my CC

indyan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First to begin with the FAQ in the website leaves out transfer of domains out and how it needs to be done. And especially there is no straight answer for internal transfers as well. So this brings us to the emial part to request for info. It took them more than 48 hours to respond to the query. And the vague query pointed a webpage that really did not talk much about the process.

My client who purchased the website tried twice to transfer through his registrar and i did not receive any notifications about the transfer. ( I have unlocked the domain before these requests came in..) so i ask the client to create an account with 1and1 so that the tranfer between registrars is avoided and just account transfer...

yep promptly this time i did receive the transfer email with something vagie about packages and a step by step procedure...

sure enough i goto the admin panel and try to get to the buttons and links they said that should be there ... but i dont see them... well not only it is frustration on my side but thin about the client...

Wow if not for a understanding person... the clients would sure start smelling fishy and start complaining...

Well i am still not done with it... so i am trying to dial them out ask for instructions with potentially a real person on the line...

I have done transfers with Regiser, GoDaddy and enom - no hassles ...
So what i conclude is 1and1 is good for endusers and not really meant for domain sellers/resellers or Website sellers/resellers....

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good review. I noticed I registered a name with 1and1 way back when they were having a $1.99 special to see how they were. I too didn't receive any kind of confirmation of my purchase, so I registered the name at another registrar about 30 minutes later.

What do you know...the second registrar I tried 30 minutes later registered the name before 1and1. Lucky for me 1and1 didn't get the name. I emailed their support about the issue and they said the card wouldn't be charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom