Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

1plus.net - has anyone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious too - been thinking of switching. Anyone?

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Infact , 1plus.net is not really a paid parking domain . It supply your park domain RSS feed ( most is news from yahoo ) , allow you put your google adsense / yahoo overture banner .
Infact , they try to make your website look like regular website , you earn if visitors click on your google/yahoo banner , and thats all .

Hal

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a collection of generic domains that receive little or no traffic. Planning to test them on 1plus.net to see if they get spidered.
Btw, there is a very long thread on nam€pros about this service.

jaspersen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they've just started paid parking for UK traffic domains, and will have for the rest of the world soon

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was/is another thread on this very topic... with lots of information on it.

One thing I found ODD is that all of their examples are from NameDrive. Their supposed templates and even their blog pages are the new NameDrive pages.

Take a look... looks at the source code too... it's IDENTICAL.

It seems likely that what they are doing is simply using the pitch that they are providing parking services to simply get Affiliate Members.

That's how they are able to pass on 100% of what you earn... because they don't have any control or choice... they get paid the override on your traffic and that's all.

I could be totally wrong... but it kinda looks that way.

GoPC

fpattberg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have signed up to 1plus 1 week ago and find them very useful.

If you have names that are low in CTR or PPC, you have a adsense code and analytics this is the way to monitze inmo.

Another added bonus is that you finally get to know where your traffic is coming from exactly!

And you can easily use the user search results from ND (if domain was parked at ND before) for the customised news feed.

So in the end this is then a fully functional website which is being spidered, ranked by google, you get your fair share of the rev and everything customizable.

What more do you want? :whoo:

One last point. I would not move parked names which are doing good in your opinion at other parking providers. Only use the one which are not doing so well.

Anyway, that is my experience so far.

Fabian

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The control panel is buggy, documentation/faqs is woefully incomplete, hard to get answers, pages look good, and got 17 clicks on one freshly regged .ca yesterday.

So my early verdict after using it for about 10 days - it's both ugly and nice. But it's new and changing so I'm actually going to start moving over more domains.

fpattberg

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The control panel is buggy, documentation/faqs is woefully incomplete, hard to get answers, pages look good, and got 17 clicks on one freshly regged .ca yesterday.

So my early verdict after using it for about 10 days - it's both ugly and nice. But it's new and changing so I'm actually going to start moving over more domains.

Hi whitebark.

I think you are totally correct. It has its flaws in terms of navigation,etc but this is a good alternative to classic parking maybe even the next big revenue generator. :gossip:

Fabian

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:worried:

For you 1plus.net users:

Have you seen any traffic increases due to its supposed indexable layout?

There isn't much discussion about its pluses vs. Namedrive for example....

collieri

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There was/is another thread on this very topic... with lots of information on it.

One thing I found ODD is that all of their examples are from NameDrive. Their supposed templates and even their blog pages are the new NameDrive pages.

Take a look... looks at the source code too... it's IDENTICAL.

It seems likely that what they are doing is simply using the pitch that they are providing parking services to simply get Affiliate Members.

That's how they are able to pass on 100% of what you earn... because they don't have any control or choice... they get paid the override on your traffic and that's all.

I could be totally wrong... but it kinda looks that way.

GoPC

**Wow Wah Wee Wah**

Two quick things...

1. 1plus has no affiliate link/tie up/ arrangement with Namedrive (save that than regular communication and discussion goes on in private between the two companies)

2. The FAQ section is old and requires updating on the site. the domain example in the faq section (i-designs.net) is in fact parked at namedrive (along with several others), not in order to steal ideas, but more to judge traffic trends, CTR and to help prepare budgets for the 1plus.net directly paid parking programme that is in beta test with the sites UK visitors right now.

No scam, no cloak/dagger, no hoodwinking (nice word huh..? :) ) so rest easy friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom