Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

1rst Human Clone !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I always wanted a "Mini Me" :)

Mike

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watch CNN, the discussion is ongoing.

tw

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If You asked me if they would be cloning humans in the 1980's I wouldn't have believed it I have to admit. Especially not in my lifetime. The creation of Dolly the Lamb made me realize we were not only capable of doing it but close.

This definately opens the door of Pandora's Box. Hopefully all parties that would particpate in such a thing would be of sound mind and spirit. So far the ONE's LIKE THIS YOU HEAR OF are bizzare but hopefully not ill intended. Otherwize the consequences could be quite grotesque or worse abominable. ........................................

The questions also arise of "Who will pay when, for the DNA of whom and why?" And also "Will we have ten thousand mini Bill Gates or Micheal Jordans being created?" ...........................................

It's an interesting life yes indeed.
Think

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its a touchy subject for some people. I think they should clone some people, like einstein. Imagine how far we could go if we had 30 Einstein's working together?. Hey, maybe my vancouver canucks could get a team full of wayne gretzky's.

Seriously though, it would be nice if scientists could figure out how to clone body parts. I wouldn't mind having some spare parts.

RMF

D

Desi

Originally posted by RMF
I think they should clone some people, like einstein. Imagine how far we could go if we had 30 Einstein's working together?. Hey, maybe my vancouver canucks could get a team full of wayne gretzky's.

Now that's the crux of Pandora's Box....who is to decide to clone who? Who's going to monitor/police all the nations each with their own values, motives and decision-making process; the latter being non-democratic and devoid of any input from the populace in many places.

Seriously though, it would be nice if scientists could figure out how to clone body parts. I wouldn't mind having some spare parts.
RMF [/B]

Now thats what most people, including myself, can happily live with....I need a new disc for my lower back.....:laugh:

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF

RMF

I had a double Lung transplant over 7 years ago now !

I'm one of the lucky ones..only 30% of us make it this far...

But the results would be much higher if we could just take some cells from the lungs and generate a new pair..everything would match.. (genetically) and no more antirejection meds..(expensive and powerful side-effects to deal with)..

That is being worked on ..but probably wont be available for about 15 years..

That is going to be the real break through..

I really thought that would happen before the cloning of a complete human....but after thinking about it ..i t mkes sense that it's easier to clone the whole person ..instead of human "parts"

8 years ago I use to "zip" around town in an electric wheel chair , sucking on oxygen ..my wieght had dropped to around 107 lbs ! ...

I now weigh 170 lbs and am very active..rarely sick..

I remember as a kid watching the News and hearing about the worlds first heart transplant (Barney Clark).. and just being amazed...

It really is amazing how far we have come in the quest for extending life...

The BIGGEST gains though have come through simply SANITATION.. clean water, proper sewage systems and basic cleanliness..

These are things that have had the most dramaic effects of creating life extension.. shame 3rd World Countries cant create these basic systems ..

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, two.
One on the bottom of each foot. ;)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Keep on liveing bidawinner - and breath! I kinda know how hard that can be sometimes and worry cause I'm a chain smoker.

ClonAid - the thing I like about the them is the amazeing amount of BS they produce. Their cult is so full of BS that it stands out - no cult has ever produced even half the BS. I'm haveing a lot of fun writeing about it for BS2BS.com!

I keep hopeing they keep delaying showing the baby for a as long as posible - the BS on TV about it (Pro and Con) just keeps on pileing up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom