Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2 letter.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post this site as I found it very useful in finding out about all the 2 and 3 letter.coms.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but figured it was a unique site. I have nothing to do with this site, just surfed in.

http://someoftheanswers.com/answers/web/shortdomains.html#dh

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
Thought I would post this site as I found it very useful in finding out about all the 2 and 3 letter.coms.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but figured it was a unique site. I have nothing to do with this site, just surfed in.

http://someoftheanswers.com/answers/web/shortdomains.html#dh

How did you find this site?

Very interesting. You could spend the day checking for acronyms.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fun to click to see how many you get in a row that ele owns :p

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
fun to click to see how many you get in a row that ele owns :p

Would be interesting to see how many are for sale and at what price.

I know people are asking $20,000 plus for some three letters starting with
"N" as is National ********, ********

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm curious....in real estate properties become expense when supply and demand is low-like with domain names. However, in real estate the high demand properties are NOT vacant.

Why is it that the majority of 3 letter domain names are for sale or empty? One would think that if a short domain is lucrative one would settle in and stay a while? With so many on the market, it tells me that corporations etc. are not very interested at these prices, otherwise they would all be gone.

So, for the sake of being new to all of this, can someone tell me if the big deal with short domains is inflated by people like us (domain name buyers-who plan on reselling)?

Thanks

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find most good 3 letter .coms are already being used by medium to large companies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
However, in real estate the high demand properties are NOT vacant.

Why is it that the majority of 3 letter domain names are for sale or empty?

As long as 3 letter domain has its lawful registrant/owner, it means its NOT vacant, but occupied. Just because they are "empty" or for sale, does not mean that there is nobody there, or that there's no interest or demand for it.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I meant was there is no site up. In real estate a lot with no building on it is considered vacant. *** Don't get me wrong I own a 3 letter myself. That is why I provided the website above.

I'm only curious why this is the case? Can a 2-3 letter .com bring in more money for a company then lets say using a longer name with the same website on it?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
In real estate a lot with no building on it is considered vacant.?

I've seen vacant lots selling for millions :clown:

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
I've seen vacant lots selling for millions :clown:

Not when most of the lots in town are vacant :party:

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
What I meant was there is no site up. In real estate a lot with no building on it is considered vacant. *** Don't get me wrong I own a 3 letter myself. That is why I provided the website above.

I'm only curious why this is the case? Can a 2-3 letter .com bring in more money for a company then lets say using a longer name with the same website on it?

Shorter can be better. Who wants to type out an eighteen letter domain name over and over again. With short names you get convenience. Websurfers save time and money by going to short names several times a day.

DNforum. is easier to type than ***************.com.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
Not when most of the lots in town are vacant :party:

Remember, just because there's no house on the lot it does not mean it's vacant.

"Empty lot" does not necessarily mean that the land is not valuable :-D

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gogeorge said:
Shorter can be better. Who wants to type out an eighteen letter domain name over and over again. With short names you get convenience. Websurfers save time and money by going to short names several times a day.

DNforum. is easier to type than ***************.com.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm just trying to learn here and appreciate the insight.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good question indeed FMS, just makes you wonder if buying a piece of swampland in Florida will someday turn a huge profit ? Real Estate, Domains, Land. Is it all a big hype or an investment ? It comes down to supply and demand. Question is, how long can the large domain holders actually hold onto there huge inventory, especially when the renewal fee's continue to rise ?

Temp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good page.
But I really dont know what could it be used for.
:laugh:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question is, how long can the large domain holders actually hold onto there huge inventory, especially when the renewal fee's continue to rise ?
I thought registration and renewals are at an alltime low (besides free 10+ years ago). As well, I doubt (many) nice names will be dropping because (large) owners don't want to pay renewal fee.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe a few will slide thru......................................... :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom