Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2 Questions-From A 'Newbie'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am brand new to Domain Names, but love it already.
I have a couple questions that perhaps more experienced people can help me with....

1. Wayback seems like an incredible tool to find out valuable info. I have noticed, however, that it only lists info up until 2002. Is their a way to see more up to date info, or is their another similar tool that does???

2. Many users have referenced 'SnapNames' or variations thereof (other sites/tools).
Do you only pay the fee if you 'win' the domain, or do you have to pay no matter what?? If a name is 'snapped' by many people, all using different tools, who gets first crack at it?? and why??

Thanks in advance. I am learning a great deal from this forum daily!!

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question #2.

Different services will ask for a fee, irrespective of whether they can grab the name for you. Places like namewinner.com allow you to bid on a name and you only pay if they are successfull. Remember to read all the small prints on their sites.

Now who gets the "snap"? Its an up and down situation really, ive seen some small players get good grabs occasionally, i suppose its a matter of where your budget lies, and how inportant a name is to you.

hope this helps :)

Frankie

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks dotcom
Anybody have anything regarding question number 1??

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For#1: For more recent site content of expired name try google cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom