Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker 2 suggestions to Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. Moniker does not change the auth code after transfer in. I think it is not safe, I have several domain names transferred to Moniker, and several months later, when I need to transfer them out, I found the auth code is the same.

2. When transfer it out, Moniker system did not email you that there is a transfer out request (and who is the new registrar). You can combine it in Point 1, if you have purchased a domain name from someone else, and this one has the auth code, you transfer it to Moniker, but for some reason, you forgot to lock it (or system bug), the previous owner can transfer it out instead of you. :smilewinkgrin:

I think the chance is rare, but the improvement is not much work, and Moniker is the safest registrar, right?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Moniker does not change the auth code after transfer in. I think it is not safe, I have several domain names transferred to Moniker, and several months later, when I need to transfer them out, I found the auth code is the same.

2. When transfer it out, Moniker system did not email you that there is a transfer out request (and who is the new registrar). You can combine it in Point 1, if you have purchased a domain name from someone else, and this one has the auth code, you transfer it to Moniker, but for some reason, you forgot to lock it (or system bug), the previous owner can transfer it out instead of you. :smilewinkgrin:

I think the chance is rare, but the improvement is not much work, and Moniker is the safest registrar, right?

Hey OwnDomain

To answer your questions:

When transferring a name INTO Moniker, the EPP code comes from the losing registrar. When transferring a name OUT of Moniker, the EPP comes from Moniker - the losing registrar. The EPP codes are not the same.

When transferring a name OUT of Moniker, all clients are emailed.

You are correct - Moniker IS the safest registrar!

If you have any additional questions/concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Have a Happy/Healthy New Year!

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey OwnDomain

When transferring a name INTO Moniker, the EPP code comes from the losing registrar. When transferring a name OUT of Moniker, the EPP comes from Moniker - the losing registrar. The EPP codes are not the same.

I am sure the auth codes were SAME, and the names have been succesfully transferred out.

When transferring a name OUT of Moniker, all clients are emailed.

I have been never emailed when there are transfer out pending. Seven days later the name will be transferer out. :lol:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The auth codes are 99% of the time the same. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom