Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2 webdomains, 1 host

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. I have 2 web domains. 1 already in use. The other parked at my main one. All i need the 2nd domain for is a little personal site promoting my appartment in the Algarve to my friends.
Is there any way i can "piggyback" this domain onto the back of my main site as i do not really want to be paying hosting fees for a site that isnt there to make money as such.
Cheers in advance, Pete

gizawy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go to your CPanel, click Addon Domains and add the second domain. You will have a folder named after the second domain. You can publish the other site there.

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry Giz. Did not realize I had sent you a PM with that reply.

I understand what you are saying. Host saying it has an error when trying to do it. Eeen tho second domain is configured to pick up host. ie DNS

New Domain Name: (www. is not needed here)
Username/directory/subdomain Name:
Password: ******

Now, primary site is : www.onlineoffersforyou.com
Site i am trying to piggyback is/would be www.nuttersinportugal.co.uk

This is what happens when i enter details.

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]The subdomain, onlineof.onlineoffersforyou.com has been added.

The following domain is not configured for this account: onlineof/public_html/nuttersinportugal.onlineoffersforyou.com

Removed Entry from httpd.conf [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]The subdomain, onlineof.onlineoffersforyou.com has been removed.

nuttersinportugal.co.uk could not be setup. The subdomain onlineof/public_html/nuttersinportugal.onlineoffersforyou.com was not setup either.

Hope al this detail helps somebody to help me sort it out. My host (after sales service) is pretty poor.

Thx,Pete

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are using cPanel I can assist. Feel free to PM me and I will add an addon domain for you.

You may have it listed as "Domain Pointers"

diskwizz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Problem sorted thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom