Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2000 UV monthly = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am toying with idea of buying up a tech blog which supposedly receives 2,000 organic unique visitors per month and a few referrals.
The site currently is not monetized and I am trying to guess what would be a reasonable expectation for the site's monthly revenue, if PPC or other ads are placed. - Thanks for any help in advance.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am toying with idea of buying up a tech blog which supposedly receives 2,000 organic unique visitors per month and a few referrals.
The site currently is not monetized and I am trying to guess what would be a reasonable expectation for the site's monthly revenue, if PPC or other ads are placed. - Thanks for any help in advance.

I say, never act on a "assumption"

test the traffic, ask for traffic stats since origination, etc

you cannot calculate a probability, based on uncertainties

imo...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take in consideration that it may be paid traffic, where it's coming from, the duration of stay, the content on the website, keywords it's targeting, are there engaged users making comments, etc. There are too many factors to consider than merely it being a tech blog with 2000 U/V's.

You could get 2000 U/V's a month with a 0% CTR and hopefully get around a nickel a month in CPM from AdSense.

There's no way of telling how much a website would make without monetizing it first.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take in consideration that it may be paid traffic, where it's coming from, the duration of stay, the content on the website, keywords it's targeting, are there engaged users making comments, etc. There are too many factors to consider than merely it being a tech blog with 2000 U/V's.

You could get 2000 U/V's a month with a 0% CTR and hopefully get around a nickel a month in CPM from AdSense.

There's no way of telling how much a website would make without monetizing it first.

Thanks David, this pretty much covers everything. Assuming that the organic traffic is genuine, in the worst-case scenario, 2000 UVs = $0 . ( I was hoping for a better worst-case scenario )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom