Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

2003 Unban Member Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok the outcome of the vote among me, the mods and izopod was 3 - 3. 2003 was fortunate izopod had a vote. His vote to unban forced this poll of the members.

The polls will stay open 3 days.

Upvote 0

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi! I voted "Yes" (to UNban him). "Yes" to unban ... that took a bit of thought for ME ... LOL. :)
Anyway, with all due respect ... this is a case where, in my opinion, the "bark was worse than the bite" ... for both sides. There is no doubt in my mind, that if he were allowed to return he'd prove himself a worthy asset to the membership.
I commend Greg and the moderators for taking the time to discuss the matter, and subsequently put it up to a vote. My guess is that he'll be back pretty soon and that :cool: 'er heads will prevail ... that is MY hope.
Enjoy.
:cool:

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Voted for Yes.

Lats...

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
2003 was fortunate izopod had a vote. His vote to unban forced this poll of the members.

WTF?

izopod:

I don't think our current society could have handled the old days back in the early 1900's. You called things as you saw them and didn't worry about the fallout. How things have changed.

All I saw were two people disagreeing with each other. There wasn't any violence. No one threatened bodily harm. As a business owner you call it as you see it for various reasons. I think that is all that happened here. In business there are going to be people who get under your skin. That is a fact.

I think after "gregr" explained this policy changed, everything should have taken a positive tone. It didn't. So get over it. If you don't like it then as you are allowed to do here voice your opinions, but don't get all whiny on us---leave that to the the "Dr Phil" forum.

Keep in mind as we go through the "next phases" of these live auctions certainly there has to be some "wiggle room". I think that is key for survival. If someone isn't lickety split on transfer. Give them some time. If they don't sell to you for $4....Don't get too bent out of shape We'll beat them up pretty good on this board. Leave that to us. Rockisco as far as I'm concerned screwed himself. However so did "2003".

izopod:

I disagree. 2003 made the fatal mistake of taking this to a level that should not have been. Rockisco's reputation was solidified the minute 2003 first made his post. He might as well have been banned for christ sakes. 2003 then created another thread to badger Greg about not banning this Rockisco character. Personally in situations like these, I leave it up to the board owner to decide the "sentence". I personally wouldn't have taken it, nor would any of you.

By the way. DNF is a big community. There are many individuals who make this work. Not just one individual. It works because we have respect for each other. The thing that will kill your goose is when you disrespect someone to the point of being beligerent. That breaks down the continuity of the entire group. Oh, and if you want to get smart with the person that pays the bills, don't think that will get you anywhere either.

I think 2003 should get another chance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

izopod:

If I'm not mistaken that would be his third chance.

izopod:

I will back "gregr" in his decisions before I would even think of entertaining yours. I would think we ought to give GregR the benefit of the doubt for his decision given the fact that he as at every turn tried to be accomodating.

Unfortunately banning it seems to be the only way of trying to provide a "positive" community environment. Just ask yourself this, do you think "2003" would have stopped baraging this board with this "complaint"? One which was answered satisfactorily in my view.

...ANOTHER ONE FOR THE TWILIGHT ZONE...

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[nevermind]
Yes.

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm with the yes's, I value Theo's advice and think he is an important member of this board.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
notice the "no's" don't post their opinions or comments?

Shaun

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
His postings are usually quite contructive and to the point.

We all have our moments.

Cheers!

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe Theo was having a bad day and this seller's $10 fee just pushed him over the edge. The guy has a ton of posts and they are all quality, kindly posts.

I also think that GregR doesn't owe any apology for calling him an idiot. I do think it was sort of silly to complain about the domain. As people say in the legal advice threads, 'let the domain go, it's not worth the trouble'.

Greg, I like what you have done for this forum. 2003, I like what you have done in this forum.

My vote is to unban him and to pay him $10 worth of DNF$. That's like 400 DNF in the exchange room, isn't it?

-WC-

M

mole

I voted No, but I meant Yes. I got the "un"ban mixed up :cry:

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
still waiting for the "no's" ... don't forget no's ... you are the only ones that get to say "I told you so" ....

Shaun

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I voted yes - he's generally very helpful and constructive - even a good dog may bite if he's kicked! I'm sure he realises he went over the top - but he wasn't the only one.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The exit polls show that the no votes don't have a chance. 2003 has been unbanned. Who wants to give him the good news?

Next time I ban 2003 it will be a secret. :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My comments merely reflected the plausible reasons WHY 2003 was banned. I do think he crossed the line and was merely responding to comments that suggested otherwise.

As I have said many times before, "most" everyone can be rehabilitated. That is why I voted to "unban" 2003. Somewhere in one of the other forums I made that particular comment well before 2003 was banned.

I see this as a chance for 2003 to redeem himself, which in turn would benefit the community. That above all is my primary reason for being here, is the "community". I didn't see a benefit in voting to keep him banned, and not being able to come back to make things right. I hope my decision was right, and will be taken into context.

izopod

Originally posted by sharpboy

WTF?

izopod:

I don't think our current society could have handled the old days back in the early 1900's. You called things as you saw them and didn't worry about the fallout. How things have changed.

All I saw were two people disagreeing with each other. There wasn't any violence. No one threatened bodily harm. As a business owner you call it as you see it for various reasons. I think that is all that happened here. In business there are going to be people who get under your skin. That is a fact.

I think after "gregr" explained this policy changed, everything should have taken a positive tone. It didn't. So get over it. If you don't like it then as you are allowed to do here voice your opinions, but don't get all whiny on us---leave that to the the "Dr Phil" forum.

Keep in mind as we go through the "next phases" of these live auctions certainly there has to be some "wiggle room". I think that is key for survival. If someone isn't lickety split on transfer. Give them some time. If they don't sell to you for $4....Don't get too bent out of shape We'll beat them up pretty good on this board. Leave that to us. Rockisco as far as I'm concerned screwed himself. However so did "2003".

izopod:

I disagree. 2003 made the fatal mistake of taking this to a level that should not have been. Rockisco's reputation was solidified the minute 2003 first made his post. He might as well have been banned for christ sakes. 2003 then created another thread to badger Greg about not banning this Rockisco character. Personally in situations like these, I leave it up to the board owner to decide the "sentence". I personally wouldn't have taken it, nor would any of you.

By the way. DNF is a big community. There are many individuals who make this work. Not just one individual. It works because we have respect for each other. The thing that will kill your goose is when you disrespect someone to the point of being beligerent. That breaks down the continuity of the entire group. Oh, and if you want to get smart with the person that pays the bills, don't think that will get you anywhere either.

I think 2003 should get another chance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

izopod:

If I'm not mistaken that would be his third chance.

izopod:

I will back "gregr" in his decisions before I would even think of entertaining yours. I would think we ought to give GregR the benefit of the doubt for his decision given the fact that he as at every turn tried to be accomodating.

Unfortunately banning it seems to be the only way of trying to provide a "positive" community environment. Just ask yourself this, do you think "2003" would have stopped baraging this board with this "complaint"? One which was answered satisfactorily in my view.

...ANOTHER ONE FOR THE TWILIGHT ZONE...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now that the decision has been made, I would like to say a couple of things.

I'm quite with izopod that "most" everyone can be rehabilitated, but then we'll have to bear in mind that DNForum.com is NOT exactly an open "community"; it's more like having a barbeque in gregr's backyard, if you like an analogy.

My take is that: never take things as granted and there is actually a whole world out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom