Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

3 character .net dropping like flies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on why so MANY 3 character .net names were dropped into the market yesterday? I've never seen so many dropped in one day?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
Anyone have any thoughts on why so MANY 3 character .net names were dropped into the market yesterday? I've never seen so many dropped in one day?

Not at all surprised to hear that. Many .net's are basically worthless, even some 3 char ones. They are also very tough to sell. Even good keyword net's are difficult to find buyers, with very low values for the most part.

Net has become one of the least popular extensions. It was not too long ago most domainers laughed at the suggestion .org was better than .net, as I have often talked about for several yrs., also said by non-other than the guru DomainKing.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not at all surprised to hear that. Many .net's are basically worthless, even some 3 char ones. They are also very tough to sell. Even good keyword net's are diificult to sell, with low values for the most part.

Net has become one of the least popular extensions. It was not too long ago most domainers laughed at the suggestion .org was better than .net, as I have often talked about for several yrs., also said by non-other than the guru DomainKing.
OK - then you can sell us your good keyword, 3 letter and places .nets at wholesale - We buy them every day - send us a list anytime to [email protected] - Thanks Steve

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didi you see just how MANY dropped into the market? It had to be at least 500, and they kept on coming..

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Net has become one of the least popular extensions.

Yeah. Producers of the upcoming Hollywoood blockubuster "Van Helsing" also felt the same when they chose .net extension for their official site VanHelsing.net (since they couldn't/wouldn't acquire .com)

Of course, they could have also chose .org extension - but hey, what do they know... :smartass:

Anyway, enough of sarcasm. You are somewhat right, and the only reason .net is not popular so much in some domainers is because they can't command jackass end-user prices like they can/could with .com's And the only reason that is - is precisely because un-educated average American mass-population, mass fed on Superbowl .com bubble commericals and internet gold-era hysteria ads, in their brains only associate .com with the internet. And for that, domainers like you are just as guilty, because instead of of registering and developing "WhateverName.net" type of domains you opted for registering and developing those ridiculous "WhateverNameNet.com" type of domains, and in that process reinforcing their beliefs.

However, no matter how undervalued or how undermined this extension is, bottom line is .net is still applicable & appropriate to any type of web development, while .org is not. And for now , even "as is", and despite its perceived "flaws", .net extension probably still remains #2 extension in terms of public recognition in the U.S.

And, so if you have any good keyword .nets for wholesale, why don't you post them here. Some of us would love to "lighten" your "burden."

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I don't like .net's either, but agree that it's more useful than .org in a lot of cases, .org doesn't work for everything whereas .net could.

On a reseller market where the name is not being sold for development, .net is at an all time low.... .org is definately a better TLD than .net for the general run of the mill undeveloped names (excluding commercial names).

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too agree that .org is worth more than .net in most cases, but I guess the question here is NOT about .net but 3-CHARACTER. This time next year, we may see a big drop of 3-character .COM's. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom