Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

3 Letter .org's Some interesting stuff, What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to NameBio.com only 15 reported sales of 3 letter .org's for this year so far. I know these sales are only from the main auction houses, but doesn't that seem odd or low?

15 total reported sold
0 sold for 4 figures
10 of the 15, sold at Sedo
2 contained All premium letters
$859 was the average sold price for all premium letters combos
$309.50 was the average sold price for the non-premium letter combos

I personally think these are some of the most under rated domains on the market today. Really, the .org extension as a whole I think is very under rated!

So in approx 3.5 months, why have only 15, 3 letter .org's sold at auction houses? It is clear, if you are looking to sell them, sedo is the place, just not for the right price IMO.

What do you think are the reasons for not so many selling?

Most are held by end users already?
Not many sales are reported?
People are holding for long-term investments?
Registrars are keeping them? (yes this happens)
I wish I knew as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

kylewill

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem is, .org is mainly used by USA based entities wanting a less corporate/big business/image (trying to be more friendly, caring with the .org image).

Other countries won't necessarily go after .org, but they will go after .com.

I still agree with you that LLL.org's are extremely undervalued, but the market is really just USA, IMO. LLL.com and LLL.net have more international appeal.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, I would say they are valuable but buyers just don't want to pay what many owners think their worth, so they just hold on unless they need the cash. Buyers may never want to pay much, so some sellers just won't sell :)

kylewill

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO, all LLL.org's with above average letters are mid'ish $x,xxx.
Lots of sellers are wanting high $x,xxx low $xx,xxx from the end-user. That price range is for .net's.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LLL.com and LLL.net have more international appeal.

My observations differ…

.com and .org = international appeal. In my experience .net is primarily a US extension. Put it this way – pretty much no one in the UK uses .net but there are numerous organisations using .org

- Rob

Last edited:

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My observations differ…

.com and .org = international appeal. In my experience .net is primarily a US extension. Put it this way – pretty much no one in the UK uses .net but there are numerous organisations using .org

- Rob
I agree. I have even heard of people going Away from .com and going with the .org extension to give there customers the Feel Good feeling with the .org extension. And yes, they were selling things. I have even seen companies use the .org in commercials even though they also have the .com .

gooster

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have even heard of people going Away from .com and going with the .org extension to give there customers the Feel Good feeling with the .org extension. And yes, they were selling things. I have even seen companies use the .org in commercials even though they also have the .com .

Exactly. I have been building up a large portfolio of these over the last 12 months after seeing how undervalued they are. I have personally sold two names for $xx,xxx to end users within this time frame when, in one case, both the .com and .net were parked. This was hardly an all premium LLL, meaning the .com would have been reachable for the same price. For many people, .org is more valuable than the .com. The myth of charities/organizations having no money to spend is also completely false.

From my findings, many LLL.orgs are held by the endusers themselves (often before the .com was registered) and the major sales happen privately (along with an NDA) so this gives a false impression of the market.

poulos

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with ROB
also, i think there are many private sales,

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LLL.orgs are great for end users and you can still get them for under 400...really amazing to me.

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Snapnames had one for $212... Not the best combo but still cheap ( jqu.org ) - I wished I had stayed up for the end of the auction now.

I agree with the poster who said .nets not popular in UK. I asked my girlfriend who TLDs she trusted, and after a bit of annoyance at being asked, said .com, .org and .org.uk for charities and .co.uk - and maybe .net because feed the head (some flash game thing) is a .net. She's more advanced than a typical user too (knows HTML + CSS, etc) so I doubt typical UK users see .net much if at all, but do recognise .org. For instance some of our political parties use .org instead of .org.uk.

littlebigman

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's due to unreported private sales and existing owners simply holding on to them. I own a decent portfolio of LLL.orgs and I'm in no hurry to sell.

The odd one I sell, is as a result of a direct approach from an organisation, as was the case with the last sale $xxxx

My intention was to hold on to them for a few years yet, unless end users etc come in with a decent bid.

I still think they're a worthwhile, solid investment

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there were at least two, "4 figure sales" for LLL.org domains on namejet recently, that I bidded on.

also have received some $,$$$ offers on sedo for LLL.org

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there were at least two, "4 figure sales" for LLL.org domains on namejet recently, that I bidded on.

also have received some $,$$$ offers on sedo for LLL.org
That is great news!

Well I hope this thread starts to bring more attention to these great domains and the .org extension as a whole. When you really think of it, the search engines Love the extension and always rank .org's very well. Yes, many times Above the .com!

Nearly everybody that I talk to get's the "safe" feeling with .org's as well.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nearly everybody that I talk to get's the "safe" feeling with .org's as well.

Agree, this is big plus with .org – instant credibility/trust (more so than .com in many cases).

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom