Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

3 letter .us prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm lost as to how people price .us domains. i mean, for example, what makes the domain AVW.us worth more than the domain DQB.US. can anyone shed some light on this for me?

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe teh first domain is and acronym!
you can check for prices at 3charater.com
or maybe the one has ovt results, or mayb ethe one is famous and suchh...

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hallo nickb,

The value of 3 letter .us domains depends on the combination of the letters.
So there is no magic formular for this. Anyway, I can tell you that vowels will
always increase the value of a three letter domain, whatever TLD. In addition,
you can reach higher prices if the combination has got a specific meaning, i.e.
it's the acronym of a company name, etc. You should use tools like Overture
and AcronymFinder to get a first idea of those domains' values.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That pricing list is really inaccurate. Prices are 1/2 that of real wholesale!

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few 3 letter .us's but I guess we have to save them til the big day.

I'm a proud American ;-)

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
That pricing list is really inaccurate. Prices are 1/2 that of real wholesale!
I have said this before, and someone in Europe took offence
Here it is again
" put up or shut up"
In other words, Radi, list some for sale at half those prices!!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
First of all, why did you get pissed? Do you own that site? If yes, then your ad is against the forum rules.

Second, I think you didn't understand what I said. The prices listed on that web site are in fact half of actual domain sale pricing.

Thirdly, I don't need to shut up. Check out DNJournal.com - I sold JMM.net for $2k.

Any further questions/insults?

nickb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
I have a few 3 letter .us's but I guess we have to save them til the big day.

I'm a proud American ;-)

thanks for the help guys. just out of interest when do you think this big day will come. a vague range will do.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
First of all, why did you get pissed? Do you own that site? If yes, then your ad is against the forum rules.

Second, I think you didn't understand what I said. The prices listed on that web site are in fact half of actual domain sale pricing.

Thirdly, I don't need to shut up. Check out DNJournal.com - I sold JMM.net for $2k.

Any further questions/insults?
Radi, You and I have a slight gap in understanding of the English language due to local variations.
First, I get pissed because I really enjoy drinking a few beers with some mates in a pub on Friday night , after a long hard week, especially when happy hour stretches to 2.
No Radi, I have no connectiona at all with that site.
Secondly, you are correct, I did not understand what you were saying.
I thought you meant the site was quoting prices double the real price.
Thirdly, congrats on getting into Duke's journal. I do find Duke's journal extremely hard to research regarding past sales unless thay are in the tables.
And the 3 char. sites estimate of 600% per cent extra for good dot nets compared to cheap nets is perhaps based on too few examples as per http://3character.com/recentsales.html
Not sure I understand what you mean by insults. Probably just another local variation in the English language.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I guess telling me to "put up or shut up" was another Aussie phrase of affection. But anyway, it's all good now that we're both on the same boat.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nickb said:
thanks for the help guys. just out of interest when do you think this big day will come. a vague range will do.

There have already been sales of three letter .US names in the $xx,xxx range and many in the $x,xxx range that go unreported. Duke is very careful to note that sales listed in DNjournal are "reported" sales. There is more activity out there than what a lot of people think.

As for wholesale market value, that depends on the general popularity of the letter combinations (search on the term "letter" or "letters" here on DNF)

When looking for the 4 figure sales values, you need to start looking deeper at stats starting with Overture, Google pages, Acronym finder, Company stock symbols, Product or Program names, Developed sites in the other extensions, and multiple ownership of all extensions by one entity, etc. Any doubters that are naive enough to think there are no 3 letter .US sold or worth 5 figures just need to remember that there are names where the keyword is highly valued no matter what the extension (like sex.us or gay.us) and also some keywords that work best when attached to the .US extension (ex. US mortgages FHA.us or HUD.us) :wink: again

The overall market will lift all ships too. As supply is taken out of the market, demand (and prices) increase as we've seen in secondary "landrushes" over the last year in the .us extension and 3 years before that in the 3 letter .com "landrush" ala GregR and others. Wasn't so long ago that you could have filled a database buying 3 letter .coms cheap.

When the supply dries up and categories become scarce, then the value goes up because the names are now in a vanity mode. The rarest 3 "number" domains out of the major extensions is actually the .US NNN names because the registry restricted blocks of them that mirrored certain 3 number phone extensions, and the rest were quickly snapped up by savy players. :wink:
Doc

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zum.us just sold on sedo 400 hundred,, z's and u's and value to some folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom