Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

3 number .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigman

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much is a domain like 121.com worth, not that domain but a simular?

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, we have been looking into this.

3 numbers are a lot rarer than 3 letter names but against this is the fact that they cannot be used for acronyms, such as company initials.

The values 'seem' to parallel exactly the prices of 3 letter names in that the prices seem to start at a similar level and vary massively according to its quality. Instances of sales are hard to come by but I would guestimate the following values:

A. Approx $1000 - 2000 for rubbish, meaningless or hard to recall numbers.

B. $2000 - $5000 for half decent numbers or small meaning (or lucky chinese)

C. $5000 - $10000 for decent number or numbers with significant meaning

D. $xx,xxx to $xxx,xxx for prime 3 letter combos such as 911 / 999 / 777 / 123

Maybe others can shed some light on actual sales. Personally speaking we have had an offer on 562.com (Long Beach , Ca area code) of $4500 which we turned down.

As with most domains it comes down to desirability and, if somebody wants it badly, what they are prepared to pay for it.

I think it is pretty safe to assume that values will rise or fall in line with the general prices of 3 letter names. So, if you see a 3 number .com in the very low $x,xxx and you believe prices are still firming then BUY it!

As for your specific question, I would put 121.com in category D .

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cmos said:
How much is a domain like 121.com worth, not that domain but a simular?

In Chinese, 3 number domains when read outloud often sound like something very good or meaningful. Different numbers making different sounds.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Around $10-$12k

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
121 !! If youre talking about that particular name.

Come on guys. One-to-One ! It has many uses not just in the highly lucrative telecoms/cellphone industry.

I'd pay $15000 for it and I imagine some other resellers would pay a LOT higher.
A corporation would snap that for $xxx,xxx if motivated. Its absolutely ideal to brand and incredibly memorable.
In act , I am struggling to think of many domain names more memorable or easy to type!

If a buyer had to get that name it would definately make the top 5 at DNjournal sales of the year IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom