Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

3 number .coms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the going rate for a 3 number .com (NNN.com)? I see $4500 on 3character.com but is this considered high/low or accurate?

Also, it says 4 and 6 are "lesser quality" numbers. Why is that??

Thanks

Domain Days 2024
T

tekz999

4 means "death" is cantonese. Its a satanic number XD
but in english, it can means "for", so it depends on your targeted audience.

For 6, I am not sure. 666?

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup 666 for 6, no one wants that.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3-digit (NNN.com) domain names are quite valuable (to the right buyer, of course)... any 000.com through 999.com, simply because there are only 1000 of them. Many possible new applications may be created with the exponential number of mobile-related device applications and growing demand for short domains, in general. Values can vary greatly, depending on the number. Repeating numbers (111.com, 222.com, etc.), even-hundreds (100.com, 400.com, etc) are worth more. Special case numbers (800.com, 888.com, etc. - as area codes) can be worth a fortune, etc.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK. And is $4500 about right for min wholesale value?

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chappy said:
OK. And is $4500 about right for min wholesale value?

It depends on the number. There is a huge difference between, for example, 094.com and 800.com. Or, between 194.com and 777.com. I would think that the lowest-valued 3-digit dot-com should be at least $5K to $10K.

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The real reason numbers are coveted is that they often sound like words in foreign languages.. Rather than say "gambling" or "mortgages" or "travel" in chinese, you can find 3 numbers that are quicker to type and easier to remember and can't be as easily blocked by the untrustworthy chinese internet authorities in the event of an internet dispute.

Also there are only 1000 three number combinations possible in .com (thats significantly less than the 17,256 three letter .coms available).. they don't use english letters in Russia.. but numbers are forever :)

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sales listed at DNF for NNN names this year:

512.com: $15,000
267.com: $14,500
598.com: $8,275

I think that's all of them. I know of at least 3 other private NNN.com sales this year in that were more than 10k each.

Ooops. I meant listed at DNJournal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom