Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

3 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i've just signed up with parked.com and came across 3 problems:

1) For one of my domains i had picked "dating" as the keyword, but when typing in the domain at least here from Germany, the page shows totally irrelevant terms,i.e. the usual mix of computers, books, travel etc.

There's only one dating related link which when clicked on leads indeed to dating relevant search results.

2) Connected with problem #1, the page that shows when typing in my domain is a landing page (2 click), but i want a 1 click one so the relevant results show immediately.

3) Is there any way to set (catchall) email forwarding within the parked.com account for each domain ?

Any help with these problems would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks !

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beatz,
I'll respond to each of your questions.

beatz said:
1) For one of my domains i had picked "dating" as the keyword, but when typing in the domain at least here from Germany, the page shows totally irrelevant terms,i.e. the usual mix of computers, books, travel etc.
I don't know what your domain is, but Yahoo controls how the results look outside of the US. Sometimes they get it right sometimes they don't. But they probably would with dating, I am assuming that your domain isn't exactly dating.com so that's why they are getting it wrong.

beatz said:
There's only one dating related link which when clicked on leads indeed to dating relevant search results.
If it's all generic stuff, it's probably because they just couldn't figure it out at all.

beatz said:
2) Connected with problem #1, the page that shows when typing in my domain is a landing page (2 click), but i want a 1 click one so the relevant results show immediately.
Our system will automatically determine if your domain should be a 1 click or a 2 click. You can not decide this yourself.

beatz said:
3) Is there any way to set (catchall) email forwarding within the parked.com account for each domain ?
We do not provide email forwarding when parking domains. The volume was much larger than we expected.

Donny

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm - thanks for the answers but that doesn't sound too good, does it ?

So as i understand it, although you can put keywords the page will nevertheless show only generic stuff unless the domain is a real generic one ?

Or is that "just" the case with non-english traffic (which would mean that traffic doesn't convert) ?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beatz,
It depends on what the domain is. If the domain is lkjasdlkjasdlkj888.com and you set it to dating, anything that is non-english as you say it will show generic terms. Not dating.

And let's not say that generic stuff doesn't convert. We have been doing a little test with some traffic with our own personal traffic where we take what we think it should be and run it for a week. And then change it to generic terms and see which produces better. We were very surprised in some cases.

Donny

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the answers - but in fact my domain is anything but lkjasdlkjasdlkj888.com; quite contrary it is a dictionary word.

With most other services i'm trying at the moment it seems the keywords set will always override the domain name/determine the selection of categories/ads shown which makes sense i think.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just PM me the domain and the country. Since we are using Yahoo like one of your other providers they are have the same "problem" that we have. So just send it to me and I will see what I can do.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom