Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Website $300 for a good Go-Daddy name

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of threads up and have been making deals, so I thought I would try this new unique approach to streamline a new set of lists. All other threads are still current, so keep sending those as well.

Looking for the best name I can find that is registered at Go-Daddy.

Paying $300 for this round. I will take the best name I can find, and if I get enough responses I will more than likely buy the name tonight or tomorrow.

Send me a quality name registered at Go-Daddy that you will take $300 for. If yours is the best one of the bunch then you will be in the running, and I might buy multiple names at $300 if they are good.

If you send scrap that you would never dream of paying $300 for yourself, then I won't be offended, but I won't take your PM's seriously. The test is simple. Would you, being a knowledgeable domainer, actually pay $300 for the name if you didn't own it?

The better the name, the better the chance at a quick deal. The worse the name, the more likely I will have to wade through a bunch of lists before I grab one.

Thanks for sending names from other threads. I am buying if the price is right.

WhoDatDog

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Checking some lists now. Have not looked at all, but so far nothing stands out. Some decent names...some not so decent.

Looking for solid names here. If I have to think too much about it, then it probably doesn't fit. I will look at all of the lists. To sell a name for $300 in this market I would expect the seller to feel a little regret. Often, I am seeing names that I am sure the seller would not pay anywhere near the price he/she is asking.

If there is little chance I could ever turn a profit on a name, then I can't justify spending $300. If it doesn't get traffic or revenue, then it needs to make sense the moment I look at it. If you think the name is worth $300, but you couldn't get $30 if you listed it in a thread right now, then I can't justify buying it.

You are going to have to part with something of value to get something of value, and that means you will feel a little regret about letting the name go. I sold a name here last year for for about $300...NorthernIowa.com. That is a solid name. It is the name of a University, plus a geographical area. I thought it was worth much more (and paid more a few years earlier, but I had listed it in threads for quite a while, and $300 or $350 was where there was interest from a few parties, so I finally let it go.

$300 is what you would clear working a low-paying job for 40 hours in a week. Consider that when sending some of these names. Many of these names I am seeing are not worth one hours worth of labor, let alone a whole week's worth.

Reality check time. Keep sending the lists though. I can't respond to everyone. If the name is truly worth the money right now I should be able to figure that out and you might get a sale. If it could only be worth $300 if I got extremely lucky then I will hold off on paying $300 for it now, since by definition, it is not worth that at this moment.

Thanks again,

WhoDatDog

PHATnames

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pm sent

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I sent an offer on Ceebo.com.

Think of this when sending your names. Would the average domainer rather have 300 cash or the name you are sending, if he/she could pick one right now? A majority of the names I am getting are still names that no reasonable human being would choose over 300 in cash money.

If people would actually send names that they themselves would advise a family member to buy for that price, then you will get your deals. If you send names that took zero creativity to register and cannot be sold on this forum for any price, then you are welcome to try to sell them to me, but I won't be taking your lists seriously.

Don't include the garbage names in hopes that I might somehow get tricked into buying, because once I see those bad names with real money prices listed next to them, I will tend to not take the other names on the list seriously. If you have ever thought about deleting a name or letting it expire, do not include it in the $300 lists. It may be worth registering or buying for 10 or 20 bucks, and I will look at those, but don't try to get real money for names that nobody will pay real money for.

Keep sending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom