Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

3character.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigroxtar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3character.com is by no means an authoritative source of actual pricing. It's at least 50% below actual sale pricing.--Acroplex

Acro,

I have to disagree with you here. You are talking about pricing at retail level rather than wholesale. The type of business that I want to do would be on a wholesale level. Further, I think that most people here in this forum will tend to deal quicker and easier when working in wholesale prices. If I want retail prices, I'll visit ebay. I think that 3charachter.com is a great source for us to keep a handle on things, while accurately reflecting wholesale levels... If we start charging one another retail prices versus making good financial moves, then we'll price ourselves out of our own business. Just a thought. IMHO.

You seem to be pushing that URL a lot. Do you have an interest in it? Do you own the domain and just spam it around?

I can tell you: those prices quoted as "sales" are far from representative of even "reseller" sales.

It's understandable wanting to get more for your dollar; but you're displaying ignorance by supporting the page of a lowballer.--Acroplex

1) Acro, if I was spamming their site around, I would probably put a link in every post right? I listed it two times, once for the original post and again to ensure we were talking about the right site. So, no, I have no vested interest in it, I just think its helpful.

2) If you would like to take your discussion elsewhere, that would be great. There is a part of this forum dedicated to discussions of this nature. You have been around here forever (Radistar, Timechange.com...), you should know that. Please stop posting in this thread unless you are interested in selling me some domains.

Thank you, yru and HdaBuzz, I recieved your PMs and will reply in a sec.

Acro, feel free to PM me if you'd like to continue the discussion, or let me know if you start a topic elsewhere and I will be happy to continue the discussion. Thanks.

big

Re: 3 ltr .orgs and nets NOTE: I pay quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See, the whole argument is not about your thread & what *you * are looking to pay for LLL domains. If it were simply that, I would not even waste a blink here. But since you're quoting a pseudo-listing as the authoritative source of domain pricing, you can bet your grandma's FOREX account that I will post the facts.

Again: the prices listed at the aforementioned domain are inaccurate and do not constitute any reference whatsoever of accurate sales. If you want accurate info on recent LLL (on any TLD) transactions, check out DNJournal.---Acroplex

I am moving this discussion here to allow it to focus on the subject matter.

The discussion is regarding pricing of domains and the accuracy of 3character.com. Your thoughts are welcome, thanks.

big

Domain Days 2024

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3character.com is indeed well out on pricing. At reseller level it's possible (Just) to pick up awful combinations for $110 but decent combinations sell for mid $$$ to high $$$, sometimes low $$$$ for exceptional combinations.

I monitor 3-letter sales very closely and believe me these figures are accurate, partly based on my own recent sales as well as a variety of other sources.

EDIT: OK, just read the 3character price guide in more detail. They do state that "Premium letter only domains tend to fetch a 500% to 600% premium over the Minimum Wholesale Price" making the best quality combos worth $600 - $700 according to the guide, that's still a little low IMO but not miles out.

- Rob

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You selectively moved the conversation pieces out of the other thread. Very convenient, as you simply listed my posts without reference to the conversation that took place.

I am not going to waste more time engaging in a pissing contest. You simply wanted to buy domains cheap, you provided a "source" of mis-information such as that slap-up page site (lists refer to August 2005 sales).

Good luck lowballing.

bigroxtar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to have ticked you off Acro.

Readers: Please refer to http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=116114 for the full discussion. I didnt have time to include them all here.

Note: All replies must be in this thread, the above mentioned thread was closed. Thanks.

big

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Incidentally, I referred to 3-letter domains all along - the 3-char bandwagon has been derailed a long time ago.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me, this thread is nothing more than additional advertisement, for the domain in the title of the thread.

zesty

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Wow...Looks like some lively debate and discussion!

As a co-moderator/webmaster of 3C, I certainly don't mind the differing opinions and have enjoyed the commentary in this thread.

3C was created as a fun place to share helpful commentary and recent sales data, as well as to offer some in depth analysis of current sales trends in the form of an updated pricing guide for LLL, NNN and 3 Character domains. Our hope is to be one of many helpful resources to domainers, and we work hard to give an objective overview of this relatively small niche of the domain marketplace.

Our pricing guide has certainly brought up many an interesting discussion in many different places. Our rational for the guide is to offer regularly updated general minimum wholesale values for various compositions of 3 character (including LLL and NNN) domains based on recent market trends and available recent sales data. We gladly admit that to make a 'general' price guide lends to the opening of a variety of exceptions, but we're careful to be objective and unbiased in our analysis of market trends and recent available sales data. (Note: As a fellow owner of a few 3 letter domains, I too would love to have the numbers go higher and higher, but our pledge with the guide is to be honest to the data and market trends regardless of any personal bias or interest or whether the numbers go higher or lower).

My personal contributions and work on this site come from my love of and joy in 3 character (primarily in 3 letter) domaining as a hobby. I do stand behind our work and analysis in the pricing guide, but I too will gladly not make any claims of perfection.

Thanks again to all who have expressed their thoughts in both directions. If the site does nothing more than conjure healthy debate among interested domainers, we certainly don't mind. ;)

Thanks again!
:) zesty

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Zesty, no offense...I've seen you over the years on eBay and on various forums, however the data posted on the 3C site are really not representative of any realistic range of sales. It's a lowballer's paradise.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I have bought and sold 3-letter .com's, .net's, and .org's for right around the prices quoted.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Junk letters, perhaps: y,x,q,z in glorious technicolor combinations. All of your 3-letter .com "4 sale" are $4k and up, am I correct?

Only an idiot would adhere to a guide that makes no sense. If anything else, you're allowing amateur outsiders to make silly demands for de facto valuable names. Personally, I don't respond to silly requests; in this case I made an exception because it's an obvious attempt to shove down my throat a half-baked potato.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I understand it the guide accounts for "junk letter" domains. As Leading Names previously mentioned the website says premium letter domains could bring a 500-600% premium. They are tracking the MINIMUM wholesale price for domains.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ok finally we are on the same frequency: low prices for junk letters.

This whole argument would have been avoided, had the original request thread said: "Looking for junk letters, per the 3C pricing".

I rest my case.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Subscribing as I currently jumped into this market segment.

I agree most premium letters are worth several times more and their 500-600% increase for said combo's is somewhat accurate, however high numbers are scene.

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 letter .com or anything sales will also varie and will in a few years be in the xx,xxx mark for any domain as people now know their value and are not selling them making it one of the hardest character domains to sell.

Just like any 2 letter domain right now they will sell for xx,xxx because you can never get any of them and they are very small numbers actually reggable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom