Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

4 letter ending in X and Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

blogspotter

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
O Hai Guzs..

I am not much of a domainer, but I have a thing or two about 4 letter and 3 letter domains...

So off late, I have buying up quite a few 4 letter .coms

eg:
ganz.com

What do you think of slightly pronounceable 4 letter domains like the one above.. The second letter is a vowel, but the fourth letter is an X or a Z

I got a couple for less than 50 bucks, but I also won some more for 300-400 bucks...

I am just buying thinking these will get rarer by the day..
Also I placed Bids a couple days ago when I was drunk, and I ended up winning 3 such at the 300 Plus range... I paid them, but I feel a little stupid.. after having spent a little over 3 K in the past week or so.

So thoughts on such 4 letter domains?

You know, those domains which you think you can pronounce...

eg: kigt.com?

What are their actual worth?

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are so many variations Ganz is better than Kigt in my opinion and so on.

Pronounce them over and over and over until you see some brand. If you cant those maybe the $50 dollar ones. Be careful if you are drunk, they may all make sense :)

But yes the X and Z can be good endings.

No drinking and domaining!

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I think if there's a plan behind them then sure! I recently as in last week purchased ONZN(.)com and OnIQ(.)com because they suit my business needs. I purchased both at higher rates because O N is the acronym for my main business which is a .com I spent thousands on. So to me it was brand management and not domaining. Something like Ganz.com perhaps but Kigt.com not so much because you're creating too many pronunciation variables unless your goal is to brand it as KIG Technology or something which would work great!

Oh and yeah stay away from drinking and domaining- it's worst then smoking :).

blogspotter

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about ketx? or something ending with X? Worth 500?

KET doesn't mean anything (I just wanted to describe the first three letters)

Also, is there anyway you can cancel a winning bid on godaddy auctions...
I won quite a few..

Damn drinking and domaining

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the bias against X and z is a little silly, other languages/cultures use these letters more than english. China uses "x" a lot more. If you have a nice short generic .com domain, it will likely rise in value over time. The problem is if you overpay. You can get lots of LLLL.com's for cheap these days, no need to spend $300 unless the domain is really nice.

reliable1

namester
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm on fully on board the "brand" wagon. I don't buy domains with a flip mentality. I look for domains that have brand potential so for me - ganz.com is a great domain. Arguably I think you might even have more success branding it than gans.com

X and Z are great for me as long as they work for a brand/marketing perspective. In the cookie cutter domain flip mindset there is this sheep mentality that says that x, z, q, v are negatives and automatically devalue a domain but for me at least I'd take a pass on kigt but ganz is very attractive. Personally I think there is even a kewl factor with X and Z in particular for branding. YMMV in any given scenario. Even Q can give you some extra branding power under the right circumstances. When you want people to remember a domain given through a verbal medium such as word of mouth or say radio ads, the letter Q can be more memorable - with or without the U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom