Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

4 Offers Today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, sure is nice to log in at sedo, and see "4 offers" on "4 different domain names"

and one offer is in $,$$$ range

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great! Going to have a good June? Save it for Father's Day... Things are cheaper for guys then (at least here items tend to be 10-20% off... sometimes 50% for one day only... if not in the States, I've been gone way too long). Maybe you can get a deal on a 72" television. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sold 2 from Sedo last week and both transactions was done in 3 days.

Real nice, Johnn

of the offers today, two were new and two were counter offers.

responded to all four

so far, got one "increased" counter offer for one name and one this is my final offer on another.

figure they all will walk, but who knows

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wow, that's 4 more than what I got at Sedo :D

Then again, I moved to IT in October and never looked back.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's 4 more than what I got at Sedo :D

Then again, I moved to IT in October and never looked back.

I moved some domains there too in April

already received an inquiry last week on a name

but it was just a tire kicker :)

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sold one in Sedo last week for 100% ROI, in fact one I bought from Johnn about 5 years ago.. get offers pretty much every week on Sedo but most are < $100 on $xxxx or < $1000 on $xx,xxx names and don't even warrant a reply.

How folks can offer $70 for a five figure domain that after fees you would come out with $20 astounds me.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How folks can offer $70 for a five figure domain that after fees you would come out with $20 astounds me.

the solicitor starts with the assuption, that you know nothing about domain name values.

so they submit minimum amount, hoping to catch one.

or...

it's a submission just to gauge the range "you" will sell for.

imo...

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just read recently that GD is actually not part of the MLS ?! and I'd assumed they were all this time. In any case, the agreement they have with Sedo does generate more offers but I find most are lowballers who may be testing you to gauge your price range, like biggedon says. I am not sayin my names are all hi quality, but even taking that into consideration the offers are mostly $60, sometimes up to $100, even for my names that's too low

The bidders may be the ones who don't know anything about domaining in fact, and thus they send such lowballs. But the opposite can also be the case like he also mentions. And sometimes it may even be that's all they can afford (mostly noobs), especially if it originates on GD, some clever ones do contact us thru the WHOIS telling us that afterwards, maybe it's bullshit, but maybe it's true. Some ppl who don't know anything about name prices will offer you like $20 for a great name directly from the parked page, for sale sign on webpage, WHOIS, whatever. And some who want to talk a bit tell me about themselves and they may be pros in real life, in their own space, earning $ XXX K/yr but they feel your domain should only be worth $20 lol, you can't win w/those.....so you just let them go

The Sedo crowd (internal Sedo offers) is more knowledgeable than the GD crowd (and even Afternic's crowd) generally speaking. So Sedo offers are usually higher if they're non-MLS. And I sold a name recently thru GD's affiliation w/Sedo too, $70, from which Sedo let me keep a whole $20 .....LMFAO, aren't those folks generous..... ?

:violin:

the solicitor starts with the assuption, that you know nothing about domain name values.

so they submit minimum amount, hoping to catch one.

or...

it's a submission just to gauge the range "you" will sell for.

imo...

Last edited:

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That must've been a jolly day Biggie! :) No suck luck from my side. I second everything angel said.

NAK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you Biggie :)

I hope all four transactions work out for you and more come your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom