Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

$40 click!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
checked stats for the month today, and noticed a $40 click on one name!

and nobody made an offer on it, when i posted it for sale

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the name was crud. :lol:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry that was me. I did not know it's your name.
I will not click on that name again.

sorry Johnn

but it wasn't you

it was a type-in ...not a click on

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe it was a long tail with no google keyword results

I thought you would have gotten the pun from a previous & active thread (name not being sold)... but I suppose not. ;)

But that's a nice click!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought you would have gotten the pun from a previous & active thread (name not being sold)... but I suppose not. ;)

But that's a nice click!
Thanks David

i thought that's what you guys called "crud"....names with no gkwt numbers

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, no, no. The names being listed, not being sold here (*crickets*), but being sold on Flippa. It was the DNF suggestions thread. :smilewinkgrin:

BTW, if you want to divulge that you have a Sedo Pro account, would you imply that you got a higher payout because of that?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez, biggie, you're having quite a week with your names making a killing at Sedo, them generating $40 clicks and all, also getting hi offers, many of us are green with envy lol........ you must own gems, only meganames get both hi pkg revenue and hi offers, maybe your SedoPro rep is actually tweaking your names the right way and it shows in the revenue, as to David's comment....I've never heard SedoPro guys actually have a payout ratio higher than ours, us mere mortals who don't qualify for SedoPro, LMFAO ..... do they ?

What I have read is that such ratio is a real secret and no monetization co discloses it, I've asked reps at Namedrive, DomainApps, DomainSponsor, etc (I never asked Sedo, tho, funny....) and they either don't answer my question (they've been told not to .....?) or they tell me they themselves don't know, so it's a huge secret. I do wanna know how much the pkg co gets to keep, I was once told it could not possibly be more than 5%, probably 3% for most, are they kidding .....? this is serious shit ! it cannot be that low, right ? but if it was, that means Sedo or DS keep 97% of the revenue your domains generate, maybe more...

Does anyone have any insight on this ? what the real % of the total your domains earn actually goes to the domainer, I haven't been able to find anything on this other than: it's really low (single digits) and top secret...Now I know why you love Sedo, biggie, when all that happens to you and you're flying hi you tend to like the co and you don't sweat any of the small stuff....lol, I'm glad for you tho

:plane:

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez, biggie, you're having quite a week with your names making a killing at Sedo, them generating $40 clicks and all, also getting hi offers, many of us are green with envy lol........ you must own gems, only meganames get both hi pkg revenue and hi offers, maybe your SedoPro rep is actually tweaking your names the right way and it shows in the revenue, as to David's comment....I've never heard SedoPro guys actually have a payout ratio higher than ours, us mere mortals who don't qualify for SedoPro, LMFAO ..... do they ?

What I have read is that such ratio is a real secret and no monetization co discloses it, I've asked reps at Namedrive, DomainApps, DomainSponsor, etc (I never asked Sedo, tho, funny....) and they either don't answer my question (they've been told not to .....?) or they tell me they themselves don't know, so it's a huge secret. I do wanna know how much the pkg co gets to keep, I was once told it could not possibly be more than 5%, probably 3% for most, are they kidding .....? this is serious shit ! it cannot be that low, right ? but if it was, that means Sedo or DS keep 97% of the revenue your domains generate, maybe more...

Does anyone have any insight on this ? what the real % of the total your domains earn actually goes to the domainer, I haven't been able to find anything on this other than: it's really low (single digits) and top secret...Now I know why you love Sedo, biggie, when all that happens to you and you're flying hi you tend to like the co and you don't sweat any of the small stuff....lol, I'm glad for you tho

:plane:

'dear angel'

from the outside looking in, it may look just like you expressed it

but in reality, most of it is a cycle

year after year, I and most other domainers get offers

and year after year one of us will post something similar to this thread.

as other members give details about their high clicks and multiple offers, that seem to occur in a short time span.

the $40 click name was caught on a $59 backorder and I think the previous time I posted the name for sale, it had a $4.00 click.

while i appreciate the descriptive adjective of "megagems", it does not accurately describe the portfolio.

concerning sedopro, my sedo rep does no extra optimizing thing for me and the "pro" status doesn't pay any more across the board, than if parked elsewhere

also, what % of revenue the ppc services keep really is not a concern of mine.....while in contrast, what they pay per click is.

why?

because what they pay, per click, is basically why you park there

you with me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom