Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

403 Forbidden Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm constantly getting 403 errors on this site. The first page I access usually works. I then open up about 5 forums in Firefox tabs and they usually send 403 errors.

If I wait long enough and reload them they will eventually reload.

It's really making it difficult to surf the forums.

Upvote 0
I

impactadmin

I'm constantly getting 403 errors on this site. The first page I access usually works. I then open up about 5 forums in Firefox tabs and they usually send 403 errors.

If I wait long enough and reload them they will eventually reload.

It's really making it difficult to surf the forums.
Hey strange,

Has anyone else been having similar issues?

Huseyin,

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try going to the home page with Firefox and opening up about 5 forums in tabs (middle-click on the links). Do you see it happening?

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is still happening. Do you see a lot of 403 errors in your logs?

Is it a robots-protection script gone bad? I get the 403 errors and then if I wait 10 or 20 seconds and reload, the page comes up.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you opening all 5 links at about the exact same time? -that will cause problems on some sites.

Or, I assume, you mean opening one link right after another in a reasonable time? ... I just did that in FF for a total of 7 tabs in the span of like 30 seconds and no errors.

Are you accessing through a proxy by any chance? ... AOL / MSN to name two, proxy many requests. If yes, then maybe the 403 errors is due to the proxy in between.

Ron

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It only happens on dnforum.com. I read down the list of topics and middle-click the ones that look interesting. Even if I load the home page and wait a few seconds and then middle-click on just 1 link, it sends a 403 page.

I'm not using a proxy. I've accessed the site from two different Internet connections with the same problem.

Here is a screenshot if that helps.

I'm using Firefox on Ubuntu Gutsy (though that shouldn't make a difference unless there is a script that checks user agents).

HBK216

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I posted in another thread about this down in the Gold Cafe, I get the same 403 errors while browsing this site. This did not start until a couple of weeks ago. I had to refresh 6 times before this thread would even open. I have tested FF, IE, & Opera & they all get the same 403 forbidden error at random times when accessing any portion of this site.

This is the thread I was referring to:

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/403-forbidden-error-what-thread-254736.html

I have been monitoring it wondering if an answer would be posted as to what is wrong.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It could be VB SEO 3.0 that's being used by DNForum to rewrite links causing problems due to misconfiguation?

Missing host headers, mangled urls, etc, at least in my brief tests, didn't cause 403s ... all I got were redirects back to the homepage, and at worse 404s file not found.

This is definitely one the DNForum techs should research further - if it's affecting many users, which it appears to be, it could be affecting some legitimate search engine bots too ... and more critically could be an indication of a more serious problem that's maybe affecting overall server performance / security.

Ron

I

impactadmin

We have recently disabled a feature that may have been causing this.
Please let me know if you continue to receive this error.

Our security is setup in the even that there are many duplicate requests done at the same time to to block them so that we dont receive any attacks.

Please let me know if you continue to receive the error.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom