Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

4G Is Imminent on the Heels of 3G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is it possible they are talking about 4G coming out soon when 3G has not been introduced yet in the US and is little used or non-available in most nations?

Do you think this will even further depreciate the value of 3G domains? :sad:

P.S. Will this news hurt the value of my best 3G website name?

http://www.3gnetwork.com/3g-network.htm

Here is the article reprinted from 3Gnewsletter.com -

"4G Is Imminent on the Heels of 3G - 4th generation wireless will be rolled out by this time next year by forward-thinking wireless operators who are now working with 4G technology providers in an effort to leapfrog expensive and ineffective third generation wireless strategies.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/November2002/4468.htm

S

Silverwire

I'm no expert, but I thought the 4G standards are still being set.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested in:

4gHandheld.com
4gHandhelds.com
4gHandset.com
4gheadset.com
4gHeadsets.com
4gMe.com
4gPDA.com
pda4g.com
4g411.com
4ghelp.com
4gHQ.com
4gInfo.com
4gSurf.com
Help4g.com
Info4g.com
Search4g.com
Surf4g.com

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds a little risky to me.

I'm sure some poeple have registered mp4, ps3, speculating they'd be used. It doesn't always work out in that orderly a fashion. SCSI4 really bacame ultraSCSI, NT5 became Windows 2000, Windows 4 Became Windows 95, Internet 2 never even came, and will probably be just faster internet broadband. Wireless ehternet became the more flashy bluetooth. Seems to me after numbers become well used, they look for a fresh name for newer technology.

Good luck though, it may pay off.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds a little risky to me.

I agree. I'm always leary towards such technology-based names that happen to be time-sensitive. Generally, there's a window in which these names can be disposed profitably otherwise they just end up adding red ink to the bottom line.

BTW, I'd like to get my project on Broadband.info get going ASAP, since otherwise who knows whats down the road!

S

Silverwire

At $5.99 a pop for "name only" reg, it's a better bet than a night in Vegas. Even if the odds are less than 10%, the return opportunity is well more than 10 fold on some of the best names in the category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom