Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

5 click-throughs = 3 cents TOTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfishion

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was bad enough when I was only receiving a penny for click-throughs at Parked.com, but now I am only being paid fractions of a cent. Today, I received 3 cents for 5 click-throughs.

Are we next going to have to start paying Parked every time someone clicks on a link?

:upset:

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is disturbing.
...Similarly, this name yesterday earned me 2 cents for 3 clicks.
watch-videos.net 55 3 $0.36 5.45% $0.01 $0.02

The biz now I guess.
:(

It is not a "parked.com" problem though. Industry wide.

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Understand it all depends on where the traffic is coming from.

Donny

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Understand it all depends on where the traffic is coming from.

Donny

I always thought the click amounts had more to do with the subject matter, like "finance" related clicks usually are pretty good. Here you are mentioning the "traffic source" as defining. Could you please expound on this?

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Donny means, ex-website "file-sharing" link traffic sucks.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I mean is that traffic from Macedonia doesn't pay very well. So if you get 3 clicks from Macedonia, I wouldn't expect to get paid much. In the past we may just not have had any advertisers, but now we at least have some.

Donny

bigfishion

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something is fishy with my account. This morning, I showed a grand total of 5 click-throughs on a single domain. Now, I show 1 for that domain. How can a click-through change into not being a click-through? Either someone clicked or they didn't. Am I right? On top of that, we were only talking about three cents being credited to my account for all five.

In addition, my CTR today is 1/7th the average rate for this year, and my five top earning domains haven't had a single click-through. It has NEVER been this low. Something strange is going on at Parked.com. These numbers are statistically impossible.

I would normally think there was a problem with my DNS or nameservers, but I have the domains all using ns1.parked.com and ns2.parked.com directly from GoDaddy where they are registered.

Last edited:

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I once had 10 clicks and something like $0.03 paid from Parked. Can't remember the traffic source etc, but wasn't happy with that.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bigfishion - Today's stats are always estimates. We try to estimate what you will be paid for and what you won't be paid for. But at the end of the day, we always pay you based on what we were paid. But you never had 5 clicks today, you have only had 2.

Donny

bigfishion

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I see 5 clicks registered next to a domain, I sort of assume there were 5 clicks made at that domain.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you were looking at yesterday, your entire account has had no clicks removed, so you had 2 and we are showing 2.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What I mean is that traffic from Macedonia doesn't pay very well. So if you get 3 clicks from Macedonia, I wouldn't expect to get paid much. In the past we may just not have had any advertisers, but now we at least have some.

Donny

Traffic from Macedonia - Greece's northern region and birthplace of Alexander the Great - should pay quite well. It's traffic from the nation of Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) that doesn't.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Traffic from Macedonia - Greece's northern region and birthplace of Alexander the Great - should pay quite well. It's traffic from the nation of Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) that doesn't.
Potato-Potahto

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, a "potahto" is a fake spud.

victornumber

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are the traffic from these other countries yahoo paid advertisers or secondary search engine advertisers?

bigfishion

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would recommend that Parked not post any statistics until they are finalized. Either wait a day or something. There have been several times that clicks have mysteriously disappeared from my account or high payout rates ($1+) have suddenly been reduced to a couple cents. The bottom line is don't put anything online that isn't final.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You were the one who brought up that you had 5 clicks and they disappeared. It wasn't me.

Donny

bigfishion

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So now it's my fault that the Parked system posts click-throughs and then removes them? OK. From now on, I'll make a screenshot of all the strange activity on my Park account so that when you accuse me of making up click-throughs, I'll be able to show the world that Park.com is the one who need to work on their system.

What I have learned from this is that yesterday morning, I had 5 click-throughs posted to one of my domains. Somewhere in the course of the day, those 5 click-throughs turned into one. Someone from Park.com apparently looked into my account, and all they could see was that single click-through. This tells me that Parked.com can't track its own system. Click-throughs just don't appear and disappear by magic.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Clicks and "revenue" disappear daily. It's called "clawback" and it's done by Yahoo. Turn off the "estimates" there is an option for it.

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bigfishion - Today's stats are always estimates. We try to estimate what you will be paid for and what you won't be paid for. But at the end of the day, we always pay you based on what we were paid...
Donny

Exactly true.
I look at the daily stats as a guideline but there is a reason that they always have an asterisk - they are not final.

bty, Parked.com's history and recommendations have made them "beyond reproach" and a valued partner in the industry. Sure, earnings may be way down (industry-wide problem), but there is something to say about parked.com's customer service (like having Donny here), user-friendly site and of course, they Do Pay, like clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom