Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

5 minute updates on whois starts today???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the 5 minutes or less updates on .com .net and .org were supposed to start today? anyone confirm?

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mark said:
I thought the 5 minutes or less updates on .com .net and .org were supposed to start today? anyone confirm?

I haven't heard anything about a change in whois updates, but rapid DNS updates for the .com and .net TLD zones is supposed to start today.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chatcher said:
I haven't heard anything about a change in whois updates, but rapid DNS updates for the .com and .net TLD zones is supposed to start today.

-------------

ok, believe you are right--for dns only; maybe rapid whois will be next.

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long is the rapid DNS wait time ? I had to wait 12 hours for a domain I just bought is that it ?

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey said:
How long is the rapid DNS wait time ? I had to wait 12 hours for a domain I just bought is that it ?

Theoretically, the wait time is now down to about five minutes. That is AFTER the registrar gets the name servers set correctly with the registry. Normally when you register a domain, this happens at the time of registration. But if you buy the domain from a drop service it can be much later, or sometimes not until you make the change yourself at the registrar.

Even if the name servers are updated quickly in the TLD zone, older information can be cached at other DNS servers preventing many people from seeing the change for a long time. The big ISP's, especially, have a reputation for caching DNS lookups (including TLD zone lookups) for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom