Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

5 Steps to a Faster WordPress

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More than 22 out of 100 new active domains run on WordPress – a statistic which domainers contribute to heavily, no doubt. As the lines between domaining and development have blurred over the past four years, most serious domainers have picked up WordPress as their CMS of choice for development projects varying and scale and [...]

More...

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam, would upgrading DNForum host make DNForum any faster or is already maxed out. For some reason dnf is so slow on my Iphone. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
#1 - Great idea, and I never would have thought of it. I usually have /month/date/title/ for the URL.

#2 - You don't need Photoshop to compress photos - GIMP and Paint can do it and there are many other programs. I've lost count at the websites I've scolded because they resized the photo in the HTML. Even a small reduction in size can reduce the file size by 75% minimum.

#3 - Another interesting one. I may have to give it a try.

#4 - This should be done and even delete the unused plugins but alos keep them current!

#5 - I went from a shared hosting account to a VPS this year and WOW it made a big difference. Traffic has also been steadily growing on one of my sites that was running extremely slow on the shared hosting. Well worth the $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom