Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

50% click through....fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesticker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i see domains for sale with 50 Uniques a day and 50% click through.
Is this for real or fraud?

the best i ever get at domain sponsor is about 10% click through.

i know it can very dependant on search term...but 50%...WOW

do any of you guys get click troughs like that?

Thanks
Daryl

Domain Days 2024

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
High, but not impossible at DS. Regular to see names in the 40% range.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of names that get 40% CTR - it depends on the traffic and how targetted the ads are. With the names that I have I'm fairly sure the clicks are real.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have type-in traffic domains that have seen over 100% CTR per day..(meaning one user will come back and click multiple ads) it's all about targetting...if some 1 types in a domain like say "EasyHomeLender.com" and all there is are home loan links there then most often and more times than not they will surely click one of them bare minimum...if you have typo traffic and are trying to "lure" them into clicking thru to ads for their intended site dont expect maybe more than a 10-20% max CTR, although it depends and could be higher....for random traffic expect maybe a 1-3% CTR depending on the ads..I send all my non-targetted traffic to links for stuff like "online dating" because almost everyone gets curious about those sites and they pay well for clicks (some over $1 each with adsense) for a generic type-in domain where the content exactly matches the visitors interests a 50% CTR is easy...I never used to believe this myself until I got some really good domains....just my wooden nickel! Good luck! :eek:k:

sidenote: search engine traffic does not convert nearly as well into clicks as a type-in does in my experience, because it is something natural and inherent in human beings to justify their action with a click response once typing in their intended destination, even if they were'nt sure what would be there, by clicking thru on a link it satisfies the need and curiosity and also gives the visitor/clickee a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in their first action, i.e. they did not waste their time and can navigate the Internet effectively.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bluesticker said:
i see domains for sale with 50 Uniques a day and 50% click through.
Is this for real or fraud?

the best i ever get at domain sponsor is about 10% click through.

i know it can very dependant on search term...but 50%...WOW

do any of you guys get click troughs like that?

Thanks
Daryl

i have some domains at DS, that average 60 to 80% click rates and higher

overall portfolio is 26% > 32% average - majority type-in traffic!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that will do it! hey biggee send me ALL your names.. :)

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
got names with close to 70% ctr, and better. If ads are targetted really good, it is simple to get high CTR.

Some domains you just can not target or the traffic is just no good then you end up with less than 3% or worse.

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got up to a 50% click rate on a name. It was a Holiday type of name. It only happens once a year.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have several at DS and Fab that are above 50%. So if the name gets type in and the traffic is tragetted, it could easliy be real and not fraudulent traffic/rev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom