Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

$6.49 Domain Reseller Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

affordablehosting

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else wanted to get a better deal reselling than spending $300 to get a $6.95 Enom account.

Currently, Directi.com is offering $6.49 .com/.net/.org registrations when a reseller makes a $3K deposit. That's a considerable chunk of change, but it would give us much lower prices than Enom.

The good news is that Directi allows the creation of reseller sub-accounts at any price at or above $6.49. If we got 15 people together to chip in $200 each, we could get that reseller account and give everybody sub-accounts. Most of us register $200 worth of domains anyway, and we could get a much better deal.

Directi also comes with a program similar to registry rocket, but it doesn't charge $2/transaction for credit card processing.

Please post a reply or PM me if interested. If it would make everyone feel more comfortable, we could use an Escrow service to take care of collecting money and setting up the account.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Problem with directi is, you send them American dollars, which are converted to Rupees. I sent them an $80 check, and it was credited to my account as $71. And when you get paid, it is transferred from Rupees, back to american dollars, so you lose again. With the Forex, you are losing on each transaction. (unless they changed this).

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Giant, thank you for this valuable insight.
It appears you are beeing charged Forex fees (?) or is it that you are quoted the ASK and are paying the BID price?

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dodora.com offers $6.60 domains but you got some problems along with it.
They are not really ready yet. Some problems did occur with me.
Customer service is average to bad.
Its under Unified Names which in my opinion is an ugly company (except for its regfly).

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aguss
except for its regfly.

I wouldnt excempt that from the ugly company list >:-(

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whois-search,

Many registrars like dotregistrar, enom require big volume commitment to get cheapest price.

As for I.net, do they have any reseller program?
I contacted them once, but my email was bounced back (no more space).

cheers,
aguss

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aguss,

i.net is owned by forum member elequa.

It is his own private registrar. It does not allow registrations to the public.

Just does registrations for nameserver fma.com

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DD,

What is a private registrar?
Meaning that he can only use the registrar for his own personal use?
Such thing exist?
I think whether or not a registrar provides commercial domain name registration is just a matter of who owns the registrar.

I might be wrong though.

cheers,
aguss

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aguss,

I am saying, DNF member "Elequa" (fma.com/i.net/oxide.com/cool.com/dj.net and a whole lot of other PREMIUM names) owns the registrar.

He does not registere names for the public.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will never have anything to do witha regfly company ever.

They held some domains of mine hostage 3 years ago and I had to spend 6 months and go through icann to get them back.

I rarely speak out negative against anyone but must here.

-=DCG=-

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes dcg,

expirefish, regfly, namerenters are all sites that I have not had good experiences with.

I do not trust any of the companies they run. And I am not sure if they run anymore than the above stated.

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving directi. Used them for about 2 years. Their service is ok , but their API / interface is terrible.

elequa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by diederik
I'm leaving directi. Used them for about 2 years. Their service is ok , but their API / interface is terrible.

I agree, their interface isnt user friendly BUT I do have to give them credit for their excellent customer service and thats really what keeps me with them.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
I will never have anything to do witha regfly company ever.

They held some domains of mine hostage 3 years ago and I had to spend 6 months and go through icann to get them back.

I rarely speak out negative against anyone but must here.

-=DCG=-

RegFly TRIPLE billed me on my .US reservations during the .US rush. From what I have endured trying to get someone to call me back when I was trying to get a refund, my opinion is that their customer support is horrible...they still owe me money to this day.

DomainMyName

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Registerfly is our registrar of last resort ... Last resort meaning on such occasion as all other registrars on the planet go out of business.

Dishonorable scoundrels.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainMyName
Last resort meaning on such occasion as all other registrars on the planet go out of business.
They arent a registrar.

If every registrar on the planet went out of biz, reg fly couldnt run.

They are a enom reseller.

Just like NameCheap

diederik

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elequa

I agree, their interface isnt user friendly BUT I do have to give them credit for their excellent customer service and thats really what keeps me with them.

True - they've got a 'personal' customer service, something you won't find with a lot of companies.
The only downside is the time difference between India & The Netherlands -- it can take some time before support requests are answered because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom