Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

6 domains on my godaddy account is deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

italsat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello , on 8 august i have received a email from godaddy where write a alert :

Cancellation Confirmation

this 6 domains are now deleted from your acount .

I not have make any transfer or other change for this 6 domains .

5 domains was payed until october 2012 and 1 domain have make a 1 year renew on 29 luly 2012 until 29 luly 2013

the 6 domains are ipad.in + 5 two letter dot biz ( 7x - b8 - 8w - 8b - 8t )

Now i have open with godaddy a transfer disputes

Have You idea what have create it ?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what did godaddy say when you called?

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It isn't clear at this point that it is a "dispute" over a trademark. That could be the cause for the ipad name, but that doesn't explain why the 5 two letter .biz names are gone. GoDaddy should be able to tell you what happened. I would recommend that you change your GD password, just in case.

I had something similar happen at GoDaddy a few years back but it was only one name. The name "yahooters.com" disappeared from my account. At first GoDaddy told me that the name must have been stolen and someone must have had my password to do it. After several calls they finally transferred me to someone that actually knew what happened. Yahoo had filed a blanket lawsuit against a thousand people that lived in other countries that they claim violated their trademark. They notified them using the email on the whois, and anyone that didn't reply got a default judgement against them that ordered to have the name transferred out of their account. In my case the notification went to the previous owner several months before I acquired it; I live in the US, but I didn't receive any notification and I had no chance to defend myself against the claim. GoDaddy got a court order to transfer my name, and they sent me no notification to explain what they did or why.

Fun fact: The word "Yahoo" comes from the book Gulliver's Travels which was written by Jonathan Swift in 1726. :?:

Not sure if it is anything like this in your case, but they at least owe you an explanation. Good luck.

Are you being serious? ipad? and you're disputing?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have You idea what have create it ?
I just checked two names and they are not with GD so they must have been transfered. Then GD removes the names from your acount, that is normal. Now did you transfer the domains ?

italsat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I not have tell to godaddy because i not speak english at the phone , i have write to the support and support have write me to open a transfer disputes .

I not have make any transfer and not have receive any mail for any change , i have recived only one email where write cancellation confirmation.

When you make any action on godaddy , you receive a email , i not have received any email for this 6 domains.

Yes i have ipad.in , what problem have this domain ?

Now the 6 domains are registered at direct internet service , i don't know what i do now . I'm await the godaddy response .....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Looks like the 2-character (not letter) .biz domains were stolen and transferred to Click Registrar.

Rendell

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
8th of August and it's not resolve?

italsat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No because , godaddy transfer dipsutes have request me to send you a TURF model where make all my personal data + the stamp of my legal representative (lawyer or notary ) .

I have call my lawyer on 14 august but he is in vacation until 23 august . I have sent the TURF only on 24 august . In first time the turf model require only for ipad.in , after 7 days , have received a request for send to godaddy a turf model for the others 5 domain 2 character dot biz .

I don ' t know how much time I will have to wait and what Godaddy are doing.

Do you have any advice for me?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have any advice for me?
Ipad is a trademark, potentially a lot of problems. So I wouldn't fight to death for this one. What would be fun is Apple suing the thief.
As for the cc.biz I'm afraid they are not worth a fortune either. I have seen LL.biz changing hands for less than $500 (and not the worst) so I can only imagine resale value for cc is low.
As a matter of principle theft and fraud should be prosecuted but involving a lawyer could turn out more expensive than what the domains are really worth (imo).
In short, even if the names were transferred to another registrar, the transfer can be reversed if both registrars involved mutually agree. Don't know how easy or hard it is... Good luck.

italsat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
we have ipad.in first that apple have the td

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom