Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

$6 Enom Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah so it seems Actnow!
I saw some a while ago for $100, is anyone still doing these?

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ouch! I'll stick with my $8.95 account then!

Thanks Guys!

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the days of $100 price tags for those are long gone. Good luck!

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is a while ago since i saw one. Ebay last night was $300+

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeCal
Ouch! I'll stick with my $8.95 account then!

Thanks Guys!

You should be able to find a $7.95 relatively easily. I bought one not too long ago on this forum for $30. This will still save you a buck a register/transfer.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had considered buying more accounts when I obtained mine and holding on to them for a profit. I knew they were bound to go up in value. Even at $100 it was a very good payoff for those who held MANY accounts.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy
I had considered buying more accounts when I obtained mine and holding on to them for a profit. I knew they were bound to go up in value. Even at $100 it was a very good payoff for those who held MANY accounts.

That makes perfect sense. At $6,950 you buy 1000 regs/renewals (which would get used up fairly quickly by someone who owns any number of domains). Then sell it off for a couple hundred bucks. At $300, you basically just got a $0.30 discount on each reg/renewal -- making your price $6.65.

If I weren't buying a house, I'd go that route alone. Even for my 200+ domains, it would pay for itself in a matter of a couple years (if I don't blow it all on new regs)-- plus I would have the added satisfaction of selecting my own eNom username :D

What if we were to do it together? I'll be glad to help you split the cost. If you want to buy an account (with an account username of my choosing), and spend about $5-6k on your renewals (leaving about $1-2k in the account), I will pay you for the cash left in the account and take over the reseller account. PM me if interested.

affordablehosting

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can also get a $6.49 reseller account (for com/net/org) at directi.com with a $3K deposit. That might be a good alternative to Enom.

Directi allows the setup of $6.49 sub accounts as well, and I would love to use one for my domain reseller service. They have an API, and 45 cents/domain is a lot when you have 30 resellers under you

Why don't 10-30 of us get $100-$300 together each, and set up a sub account for each person? Most of us will register $300 worth of domains anyway.

If we all offered accounts for, say $6.70/domain, everyone would quit Enom and sign up under us.

Post a reply or PM me if interested.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with directi.com. I admit the pricing is tempting. Especially since they will give you a $6.99 account just for making a minimum deposit (an example they give is $75). In addition, according to this page (http://www.directi.com/products/pipeline/) they are getting ready to add DNS services, one of the major reasons I love eNom. I wonder if they will charge for DNS or include it for free?

Has anyone on the forum used directi.com extensively? I would love to hear some opinions from existing resellers.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sam,
Did you see this thread?

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35059

I agree I really like Enom's extras.

Directi will cause some of the other registrars to re-act.

But, remember. Everyone has to pay Verisign $ 6.00 for each new or renewed domain. So, the guys in India really can not offer a lot of add ons at $ 6.49

Also, if you give money to them. And, they have financial problems, (It is not like a U.S. bank that protects you), you are out.

So, walk before you run!

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm not sure that it's worth the risk. I like eNom, they are very reputable, and the added assurance of working with a US company almost warrants the extra $.50 per domain (plus the initial investment of procurring the $6.95 account).

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sam, I am not suggesting that you do not work with them.

I am suggesting you move slowly.

For example, one of the dealing I have had with Directi is with a snap.

http://www.whois-search.com/index.php?query=usamarketing.net

I have a couple domain names with them. But, for this one, they want me to own another company - CheapSnaps.com

And, they still haven't changed it.

Domain Retriever (owner of CheapSnaps) and I have asked them to correct it. But, not yet.

So, walk before you run.

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand your concerns about credibility and DNS services. I think I have a solution that should work for all involved. There is nothing like ownership if you truly want control. There have been many who have spoken of wanting to start their own ICANN accredited registrar. Please refer to this thread and respond if it is something you may be interested in getting involved in.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35172

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom