Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

6-Figure Sale of Unet.com Heads 2 Weeks Worth of Reported Domain Sales at DN Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. The new column is actually a two-week report since I was away covering the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West Conference in Las Vegas last week (our comprehensive review of that event will be published on our home page by the end of the week).

To bring you up to date on all of the reported sales since our last column two weeks ago the new article has details on hundreds of solid sales ranging from $2,000 to $100,000. 67 of those buys were in the five-figure or higher range.

While .com enjoyed its customary dominance of the Big Board, a couple of non .coms did crack the all-extension top ten including a French country code domain that rang up $44,968 at Sedo. We saw more variety than ever on our Country Code chart (expanded to 30 positions for this report) with the 30 openings divided among 17 different countries.

On the Global Contenders chart (also expanded to 30 places) .net had the top position and the most overall entries but .org also had a strong outing taking four of the top five places and ten spots overall. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First time I bought or sold a domain on the list - I think :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron
A very lame fortnight of sales though. Hopefully better next week

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron
A very lame fortnight of sales though. Hopefully better next week

On the contrary, the total dollar sales violume was very strong. The only thing missing were six-figure sales at the top. Those always get the most attention but there was a ton of sales activity (I know because it took me two days to tabulate all of it) that added up to a weekly average that was better than usual.

Ron

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it was because of the auction you were covering it seemed like a long wait, and was a double helping of sales :cool:, but still seemed disappointing imo
after 2 weeks and an auction or two too.
Not just the top sales as that catches the eye first, but the global contenders...........full up with low-mid xxxx. A couple near top, but politics.net was not great sale.
Every country code sale was below 5 figs except 3.
Then look at the huge lists of low -mid xxxx afternic and sedo sales, i dont see where the high average prices are? Its a long list of low sales imo

You do an outstanding job Ron and we all love your site and reports, all i'm saying is as anyone will feel right now, sales are incredibly sluggish, people are not buying and those that are are wanting steals. There is the odd enduser like unet or ireport, but does seem we are going through a tricky patch, to be understood given world economics. Just my opinion.

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. The new column is actually a two-week report since I was away covering the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. West Conference in Las Vegas last week (our comprehensive review of that event will be published on our home page by the end of the week).

To bring you up to date on all of the reported sales since our last column two weeks ago the new article has details on hundreds of solid sales ranging from $2,000 to $100,000. 67 of those buys were in the five-figure or higher range.

While .com enjoyed its customary dominance of the Big Board, a couple of non .coms did crack the all-extension top ten including a French country code domain that rang up $44,968 at Sedo. We saw more variety than ever on our Country Code chart (expanded to 30 positions for this report) with the 30 openings divided among 17 different countries.

On the Global Contenders chart (also expanded to 30 places) .net had the top position and the most overall entries but .org also had a strong outing taking four of the top five places and ten spots overall. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Ron, thanks for the link and always like your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom