Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

6 months down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well ive roughly been in this business for around 6 months now, not full time off course but just in my spare time after work. in that time ive got 1 possible sale coming, ive got 1 domain that gets minimal revenue. after that i have say 25 domains of which 15 get visits.
My question is, am i the worst domainer ever, :) or have i done better than some?
would love to hear from some of the experienced peeps out there.
i think it would give hope to some of us noobs out here hehe.
as a side note, i dont just buy any name now, i learnt my lesson i always check google search, and "", ovt, and sales on sedo etc, so at least im learning something.
regards
si

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Man dont feel bad.. I started end of Jan...spent $$$ and have sh^% to show for it :lol:

Im learning as well and getting rid of a lot to kinda start fresh with better names.

Good luck to you

onfiredomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a lot of money to buy good domains or the know how to drive traffic, its gonna be slow going. I'm sure there are people who do worse though.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you're doing just fine Si; taking it nice and easy, and doing research. Cool!

domokun

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im in a simliar boat. Have "invested" in 2 dozen doamins but very few seem to be delivering the goods. Some have clever names but just not the type in traffic i guess.

My understanding is that Overture is a good place to look for keywords. Which I've done. But all the phrases I think of seem to have low searches.

Anyways, Im thinking of taking some advice in the forums and putting my money in quality domains. Problem is they cost so much!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can sometimes find some bargains on eBay. Keep an eye out there. I lost an auction for classicferraris.com yesterday which sold for just over $200 only. I was asleep when it finished and missed the email notifications.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes i have a look at ebay now and again.
im actually thinking about putting some of my domains on ebay see if i can get something for them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well ive roughly been in this business for around 6 months now, not full time off course but just in my spare time after work. in that time ive got 1 possible sale coming, ive got 1 domain that gets minimal revenue. after that i have say 25 domains of which 15 get visits.
My question is, am i the worst domainer ever, :) or have i done better than some?
would love to hear from some of the experienced peeps out there.
i think it would give hope to some of us noobs out here hehe.
as a side note, i dont just buy any name now, i learnt my lesson i always check google search, and "", ovt, and sales on sedo etc, so at least im learning something.
regards
si

tip #1.

buy some names with traffic or names which have high probability of traffic.

there are still many many domains available to register that get traffic and produce revenue...especially cctlds

the proceeds can help you buy those more expensive .com's net's and org's :)

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some tips

Dont register chinese typo traffic names, their near useless

Try to get as many generic names as possible, a dictionary .com will always increase in value and by the current trends i wouldn't invest too much in typos!

Constantly move your domains around to diffrent parking sites for best results, one domain may get good parking results on sedo, other maydo better in namedrive etc. etc.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks biggedon, ill look into cctlds, i actually bought a .in last week, but thats not getting any traffic lol.
but ill look closer to home with my .co.uk see what i can find.
and thanks csite, ill take your advice on board also.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It also helps a lot to just get creative. I don't think this would work anymore since tasting is so widespread, but when I started in domains I only had about 2k in credit and was in debt with other cards so i had to make somthing work fast. Maybe somthing about the approach could help, hope so.

Because .coms are more desirable than .nets to most commercial sites I use to run the days .com dropping list to find those still avail then ran those looking for .nets taken, then visit those .net sites and if they looked half professional, buy the newly avail .com. I would then email or phone the .net owner and offer it for sale. Many times they thought I had owned the .com all along when they first bought their .net and were happy to finally get the .com
I'm sure other domainers were doing this same thing, but this is the first time I've ever brought it up and that's one reason it worked for me for quite a while :)

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if u r after traffic then go and by good expired domains.
tdnam is one place u can do this.
You must pay more to get more, i realised that quickly so i chose to spent more on one quality domain than little on many not quality domains.

dreamant

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is tdnam really the best place to get quality domains that have traffic? There has to be other options... how about brokers that can actually tell you exactly what your going to get? Or maybe just an average of what you can get?

Anthony

groundctrl

Coolest User Ever
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice thread. i've had the opportunity to start off with a little cash, so i feel lucky... scraping by at the beginning with amounts that don't feel like much gain (made 10$ on this name or 20$ on that one) can be frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom