Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

60 days period

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I transfer a domain from one registrar to another, is the receiving Registrar within his legal rights to block transfer of the domain name for 60 days from the date it was received by them >, I thought that ICANN had banned the Registrars doing this ?.

DG

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
transfers are 60 days

account changes is what I believe you are referring too, in that exchange 60 days does not apply, or who is change, etc.

That's what I read a while back, if you are concerned then read their TOS.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is correct that by virtue of icann rules domain names may not be moved to another registrar until 60 days, after registration or transfer to the new registrar.
This is for gTLDs.
However some registrars like godaddy also apply a lockdown period when domain names are pushed to another account, or when the whois record is amended. They are taking advantage of the confusion, but this has nothing to do with icann rules. It's more of customer retention tactics.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well the last I checked GoDaddy changed its policies and no longer places a 60 day restriction on such things as who is edit, etc....

No, when you receive any request for an incoming domain (e.g. when someone is pushing a domain you just bought) you have to check the boxes stating that you are locked down for 60 days - otherwise you need to reject the incoming transfer and initiate a registrar transfer... Pretty sneaky.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, when you receive any request for an incoming domain (e.g. when someone is pushing a domain you just bought) you have to check the boxes stating that you are locked down for 60 days - otherwise you need to reject the incoming transfer and initiate a registrar transfer... Pretty sneaky.

If you have a Go Daddy Exec account rep they can override this.

-=DCG=-

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. In fact I was meaning after transfer to another registrarif I want to then transfer to a 3rd Registrar ,which I now know is ICANN approved 60 days wait.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom