Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

$60 minimum on sedo auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced only one person bidding on their auction when it's listed for sale at $60?

The closing price is $60 and then sedo wants to take $50 from the $60. Since their minimum is $50 or 10%.

This seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Domain Days 2024

.tv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced only one person bidding on their auction when it's listed for sale at $60?

The closing price is $60 and then sedo wants to take $50 from the $60. Since their minimum is $50 or 10%.

This seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Nothing ridiculous. :)

Sedo will deduct 10% commissions on domains which are parked and auctioned at Sedo.

If a domain sells for $60, which is parked at Sedo, then the seller will get $60 - $6 (10% Commission) = $54.

There is *NO MINIMUM* for the following TLDs/CCTLDS/GTLDs/STLDs which are currently parked at Sedo.

.com/.net/.org/.co.uk/.org.uk/.me.uk/.info/.biz/.us/.tv/.li/.be/.st/.dk/.de/.at/.ch
.name/.ws/.mx/.in/.cc/.to/.eu/.mobi/.nl/.es

Source: http://www.sedo.com/services/prices.php3

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think you understand.

They are taking $50 commission on a $60 transaction.
I only make $10.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I understand...but it's still unfair to me.

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theinvestor,
Since there is no minimun for your transaction, you only pay the "flat rate 10%" which
amounts to $6, for your transaction. Not bad for doing nothing.

.tv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Date of Sale:04/26/08
Sale Price:60$US
Sedo's Commission:-50$US
Net amount to be credited:10$US

The *NO MINIMUM* policy applies only to certain TLDs/CCTLDs/STLDs.

Could you post the domain extension that you are talking about?

Last edited:

.tv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Unless you parked your .com domain name elsewhere, your statement is incorrect.

Domains which are parked outside of Sedo will come under the *MINIMUM PRICE* structure. For those names, Sedo charges 10% (or) a minimum of $50 (whichever is higher).

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Back to the original point of your post, yes, it sucks to sell a name for $60 and only net $10. I have bought and sold in all the markets, and understand the "why" and "how", but that doesn't matter. It still just, plain sucks to only get $10 of the $60.

Here's hoping your next auction is blessed with an end user with a big 'ol fat budget!

bmsdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes this is true. for transactions where the sale price chosen by you and the minimum commision is less than 10 EUR/USD/GBP a sales price of the minimum commision plus 10 EUR/USD/GBP is applied. Therefore if you want to list a domain for $60 you will only make $10 in proceeds

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that I no longer see that the 10% seller fee max (not $50 minimum) for parked names no longer in effect at Sedo according to their price list. I just submitted a few names at the no reserve $60 range for premium auctions which obviously doesn't make sense now.

When did this change happen? Sedo had made a big deal awhile back to park your domains to get this extra perk of "only 10% sellers fee for parked names - not $50 minimum".

From http://www.sedo.us/presse/presse_020806.php4?language=e

"Sedo’s No Minimum Commission on Parked Domains Promotion made Permanent!

Sedo, the world’s largest domain marketplace, has announced their intention to permanently extend their no minimum commission for parked domains promotion. The “no minimum commission” promotion had been temporarily extended several times since it was originally announced two years ago. Especially important for those domain sales under $500, the promotion has been a big hit with Sedo’s parking customers. With the average domain sale hovering around $2,000, this offer has also been extremely beneficial to many of our domain sellers who have learned the value of parking their domains to encourage a sale.

Not only does parking with Sedo give users a way to quantify the value of their domain with visitor statistics, but it also gives domain owners a way to earn the equivalent of rental income from their domain’s natural traffic while fielding offers for a purchase."

Hmmm....... So is permanent not really permanent?

----------------------------------------------

Ok I'm adding these links as it appears that the prices are different at sedo.co.uk and sedo.com ..... I assume there is an overlook

From
http://www.sedo.co.uk/services/pric...id=&language=e&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

com/.net/.org/.co.uk/.org.uk/.me.uk/
.info/.biz/.us/.tv/.li/.be/.st/.dk/.de/.at/.ch/
.name/.ws/.mx/.in/.cc/.to/.eu/.mobi/.nl/.es/
.me 10% of the sales price1
[ minimum 50€ / 35£ / 50$2]

From http://sedo.com/services/prices.php3?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e&tracked=&partnerid=&language=e

.com/.net/.org/.co.uk/.org.uk/.me.uk/
.info/.biz/.us/.tv/.li/.be/.st/.dk/.de/.at/.ch/
.name/.ws/.mx/.in/.cc/.to/.eu/.mobi/.nl/.es/
.me 10% of the sales price1
[ minimum 50€ / 35£ / 50$ ]

If you notice the number "2" behind the $50 Sedo.co.uk price - that refers to a statement at the page bottom saying "2 No minimum fee if the domain is parked with Sedo; only the flat 10% rate applies."

Hopefully Sedo can get things fixed so there is no confusion.

Last edited:

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo just ripped me off from my parking money, they said it was spam traffic... it was only 180.00 us dollars... so im moving all 400 domains somewere else..

S

SedoCoUk

Hello-

I'd just like to follow up with LarryWentz's comment. Our technical team has been made aware of the pricing issue. The commission is definitely 10% if you've parked your domain with us. It's not clear on the UK page, but our US site states this. For all US customers, make sure when navigating to Sedo.com that the URL states language=us, meaning you're viewing the information for the US client base.

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Monica, a lot of times the .com site redirects to .co.uk - other times even to .de
This is annoying as it requires you to log in again (the cookie is set per the Sedo location). In other words, you're building three times the content. A well-organized web structure simply uses folders underneath the .com to separate language or country-specific pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom