Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

7 Million $$$ LOSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an interesting story to share with fellow domainers here.

I bought artgallerylive.com here from another member a while back for like $100 or something. The other day I get an email with artgallerylive.com in the subject, thought it was an inquiry from whois looking to buy the domain so I open the email. It is someone asking "how I wound up with the domain?" ,so I am now thinking somewhere along the line of trading hands it was hijacked or pushed into a wrong account or something, unusual question it seemed to me. So I answered that I purchased it somewhere, and why he was asking. The reply email he tells me he was just wondering where it wound up after all this time, because back in 2000 it was his company that he started , http://web.archive.org/web/20010202165300/http://www.artgallerylive.com/ to make the long story short, he goes on to tell me they IPO'd the company and lost 7 million $ in a relatively short time, ouch!!!

Domain Days 2024

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, another bubble burst.

I found a PR release, pretty funny.
ArtGalleryLive.com Management Ltd. (CDNX:ALV) announces that the Company has moved to new corporate offices with management team, Daddy-Longlegs.com.

"This is an excellent opportunity to capitalize on the synergies that exist between ArtGalleryLive.com and Daddy-Longlegs.com enabling us to take advantage of combined resources and talent to propel ArtGalleryLive.com forward successfully and economically. Specifically, one of Daddy-LongLegs.com's existing clients has a database of 250,000 that matches our target demographic. We look forward to formalizing the relationship between the companies." stated Elizabeth Mast, President.

The move, while reducing administrative costs, allows ArtGalleryLive.com to access not only Daddy-LongLegs.com's services and infrastructure but also their experienced management and technical team.
lol @ daddy-longlegs.com

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL , nice find insomnia , daddy longlegs? with a hyphen! LOL

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AHHhhhh.... the bygone days where millions were made and lost overnight....

daddy-longs.com makes me chuckle lol :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom