Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

800.000 on Overture and should not be regged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I ran this thread on "Appraisals" and did not get any comments. Possibly a misplaced post (happened to me before). Please allow me to post it again here... Thank you!

I am trying to hone my domainvalue estimation skills and am obviously still not able to factor everything in. Obviously still a lot to learn.

I just found domains that have the following criteria (I haven't regged them, so please forgive me for not saying the name):

length 11 bytes
TLD: .info .us .net are free
Nr. Words: 3
Overture: 800.000 in december for the exact phrase
topic: music

description: the phrase is exactly as typed into the search engines but not something you would use in an everyday conversation. The name doesn't have a lot of pep, basically what speaks for it is the huge number of searches per month. I don't think the name sounds great, but would that matter to the search engines which would likely forward the searches to this domain? In a way I guess that boils down to "Does a domain-name have to appeal to people or to the search engines in order to be valuable?"

I thought it was a good idea to reg one of these (probably .net or .us), ran it by one of the domain-guru's here on dnforum and he adviced against it. Not a lot of reasons given

What would you say? And what other factors would you get into the equation?

Thank you for your help!
Reinhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom