Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

------

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if they are interested in your domain.....they will contact you

otherwise, it is unwanted solicitation

if they already have a "crappy' name, then they are building a brand.
an established company that has a domain, will be an unlikely sale!

now if they don't yet have a "web' presence and they are contemplating one, then that is the best time to solicit your suggestions

just my opinion

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

datat

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call up, ask for tech dept. and tell them what you have.

Better still get some one to mock-up a sample design, traffic plan, etc.- for it, then send the package, followed by a few calls.

Wait for them to say no, then ask for there boss......

The worse thing that will happen is they all say no.

Don't mention money, till they show an interest.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"otherwise, it is unwanted solicitation"

Not too fast. I have contacted several companies and let them know I had a domain available that they may be interested in, and the response is almost always positive. You have to be realistic though, and dont try to get rich off the name, or you will look like an a$$.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite said:
"otherwise, it is unwanted solicitation"

Not too fast. I have contacted several companies and let them know I had a domain available that they may be interested in, and the response is almost always positive. You have to be realistic though, and dont try to get rich off the name, or you will look like an a$$.

I have been contacted by a couple companies (mainly start-ups) and sold technology-related domains to them -- and the interactions have been cordial -- but I have not pushed too high in terms of price. One at $1,500 and one at $750. As I increasingly have developed sites and gain more confidence (and also now have a laywer on retainer), I am thinking of seeking more from companies in the future -- but I also do not want to be greedy. It is a fine line. Oh.. and I should add that I avoid trademarked domains. I know that it all depends on the strength of the domain, the type of company, and lots of other factors -- but I am interested in whatever insights folks here might offer on dollar ranges. I would like to move into the mid $#,### range if possible.

scottatmu

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered a domain, contacted a company that I thought would be interested, the President of the Company emailed me back and within a day I had the name sold. Never asked for anything too high, but it great deal for both parties.

So in other words, contacting a company isn't a bad idea instead of waiting for them to call you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom