Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A Bit of Advice for Buyers (Post Your Budget!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are posting a Domain-Wanted ad, and you give no budget, I take that as you're either looking for marginal domains, or you're looking for that once-in-a-lifetime steal.

If you say something like "Budget up to $750," that's good. But, I'm not about to submit a $5K to $100K domain to someone who's budget "depends on the quality of the domain," or no budget is given.

If you really want to buy a quality domain, you should say something like, "Budget up to $10K for the right domain," or you likely won't be taken seriously, and deluged with domains like this1reallysucks4u.ws.

Also, it doesn't help to over-hype your domain, by saying something like "premium" or "great" domain. That won't change how much it sucks.

Domain Days 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More advice: do not ask "PM only" for example I even don't bother look into my portfolio if is it "PM only".

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More advice: do not ask "PM only" for example I even don't bother look into my portfolio if is it "PM only".

Why? The transaction is between you and the buyer, not everyone else.
Some people may not like it google indexed how much they buy and sell their names for, thats silly advice IMO.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people may not like it google indexed how much they buy and sell their names for, thats silly advice IMO.

Please, let's not label anyone's opinions or advice as "silly".

As each member is "entitled" to their own opinions and ways of doing business here.

Thanks

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hogwash. Lots of sellers does not mind to post the name, so buyer should give option - post it here, PM or email. And if buyer minds - someone post the domain and later he buys it silently and nobody knows he bought it.

I will not spend time with sending PMfor the tiny chance buyer will buy, but I might post the domain in thread which is read by hundreds of people and someone else might buy. Thats imho the main reason they want PM only - if by any chance some "steal offer" comes, nobody can offer more. I see so many threads "I want to buy" a lot of people sending PMs and buyer buys nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom