Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

A business of test, trial, error, and success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain business is not just an ordinary business. Its make is far beyond what any "outsider" could even imagine. Its a business of test, trial, error, and success. It has its up and downs. downs that are surely beyond words, and ups that are unimaginable. The energy of the domain business fills your entire body with excitment and motivation to search for that one domain name that will have you set you for life. Its a feeling unlike any other, but can closely relate to the feeling of addiction. An addiction that shows no mercy to your sleeping cycle, and pumps every vain in your body untill you dream domain names. Its a business that cant even be closely related to any other. Its a business that produces entrepreneurialship by the thousands, and collects people that are sick and tired of putting hard work, sweat, and tears into making money for someone else. Its a business that shows NO limitations, allows you to be creative, and shows no end. The domain business is certainly not just an ordinary business, its a dream.

Domain Days 2024

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well put Ashaw!

Domaining is challenging, although with hard work (like anything else) it can really pay off in the long run. Nothing comes easy and you have to really enjoy dealing in intellectual property to be successful in this business. I mostly do it because I like the creative aspect of envisioning the possibilites of what could become of each domain I register. There is much I need to learn, however, being a part of this community I learn something new about domain names everyday...

d:)

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kingpin. Couldnt sleep so I figured why not.

DomainsRate

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I totally relate to the feeling where you try every night to try and find that one website, domain or that one unique idea to make you set for the rest of your life. I think I found it, im just waiting upon recieving my two websites recently baught. Wish me luck,

DomainsRate//$

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact that there is no limit to this business is just enough to keep you up late at night.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aaaameeeennnnnnnn!

People talk about missing the boat if you weren't in the biz 10 years ago - can you imagine how many people thought back in the 1930's/40's "cars, yeah they're old news, too late to get into that"

I've been into domains for 9 months now - the way I see it, the people who've been at it for years were (still are - respect) the true pioneers.

By the time I've been at it for, say, 15 years, I'll have been around for half the time the industry has - that will make me an old hand. The aforementioned pioneers will (deservedly) be floating around the globes oceans on their 75 metre yachts and hopefully, I'll be placing my order for one.

At the moment, 37 with a wife and 4 kids, working 16 hour days learning the ropes and enjoying it - an hour ago I sold a name at TDNAM which was always in the top 3 of the 'most active' list on their home page (out of 900k available names) for about 5 days - not a lot of money but I got a kick out of it.

I'm now looking forward to the next sale

Jas

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ashaw said:
test, trial, error, and success. It has its up and downs. downs that are surely beyond words, and ups that are unimaginable.

That's not the domain business, that's life. :cheeky:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My domain business has to be squeezed into the week between family life, a regular job, and working in and outside around the house. Too many late nights to count, checking for names or reading up on the domain business and internet marketing. The potential of the internet and domains has always kept me thinking from the moment I first realized that once you had a domain name and a webpage, anyone in the world with an internet connection could see it. Still, I blew away a few years during the internet bust but tuned back in early last year and have enjoyed watching the growth of the industry, while trying to build a portfolio of value, and doing the trial and error thing. When I'm out and about the town, or reading a book or newspaper, whenever I see an interesting word or term I wonder if it's regged as a domain, or what are some similar terms. Or is it a trademark. I'm kind of amazed that the domain business isn't bigger than it is. So many people use the internet you think they would see it. To get your own website up and running is so cheap these days.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All very interesting.

The thing that personally doesn't work for me though is looking for that ONE domain that will have me set for life.

I take a much more eclectic (varied) approach and look for a (large) selection of names that will pay the bills, sort out my retirement, and maybe enable me to do a bit of social good in the world too.

For me this is more interesting than just trying to find one gem.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is hell of an addiction. I got hooked as soon as I heard about it. Domain business is everything I ever wanted in a business.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the great things about the domain business is everything you can do with your domains now. In 2000, I had domains but didn't use them for anything except to list them for sale at GreatDomains. Then I got into affiliate marketing and started using domains to point to my affiliate programs. Then I started building (simple) webpages for my domains and put links to my affiliate programs on them. Nowadays, web tools and hosting are getting cheaper, there are lots of options for domain parking, Adsense type programs, you can start your own blog cheaply or find free content to build a website around. I can't wait to see what's available a year from now. Eventually I think almost everyone in developped countries will have at least one website, even if it's a Myspace type page. There is really no excuse now for anyone who wants to have an online presence.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I heard about domaining this year, I moved in in full force and got stuck until today. when I look back, I say there is no turning back! Accelerate forward like a Ferrari!!

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Three words: Rife with opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom