Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

A clients problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisblade

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of my hosting clients on ProDominios.com has a problem with his domain name "santimolezun.com" and others that he´s not hosting with us and he now wanted to.

He wanted to transfer the name to my service and change the hosting service, but the company who registered the name for him don´t let go the name, they even changed all the WHOIS record so he can not authorize transfers or make changes to his domain name.

This guy is from Spain, it seems than there´s a lot of spanish people that use to get their domain names registered with these thieves, the company name is www.TusProfesionales.com

Now the domain name "santimolezun.com" (and others he has registered with tusprofesionales) has an invalid WHOIS record, changed in bad faith by TusProfesionales.com;

" x [email protected]
x
x, x
es"

What should my client do to recover his name? It helps that the whois is obviously invalid?

PS: Forgive my english

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd first recommend reporting the whois data here . Then buy a Snap and hope that icann will have the domain deleted due to inaccurate whois data.

Reporting the theft may or may not be helpful to your case but you never know.

That's my thoughts.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It'd be very risky to go for a domain deletion. Others might catch it when it drops. Plus, you'd have to wait more than 30 days (30 days RGP, 6 days pending delete, plus time to investigate the WHOIS complaint), and the website would be down during that time (out of the zone file).

Better to hire a lawyer to go after the one who is controlling the domain.

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Decent point George,

Upon second look at the whois I notice that the registrant data is still good. The question is, is this your client's name or the hosts. If it's your client, go complain to NetSol (your registrar) to get the rest changed back. Be prepared to have your client submit all sorts of identification though. If it's the hosts'... I'd either try legal action, which will be extremely difficult to win without a trademark, or try my whois report plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom